Rolling Thunder Forums

Fleet Engagment Orders

I have a possible situation on one of my borders. I would like to ensure that a questionalbe empire doesn't proceed past my pickets, but don't want to issue a shoot everything order and possibly blow up another player's ship who I haven't encountered yet. Is there anyway to set this up?

Note: The empire in question isn't necessarily hostile, but I am no longer predisposed to consider them friendly either. Thanks.

It's pretty simple. Declare war on your neighbor and set your ROE to R. This will have you attacking your neighbor and anybody else who you are activly at war with and leave all other aliens alone.

This doesn't mean that you have to go to war, just that your fleets will atttack any of his fleets that move into your area.

Thanks for the response.

There is a role playing aspect here and declaring war doesn't really fit into that. Diplomats are still talking and I still hope for a friendly contact. I am not sure how the other empire would take such a declaration. Does the other empire get notified of the declaration? Does a state of war disallow diplomatic agreements? Thanks.

Not necessarily out of good options. He could set his warfleets in that sector of space to blast anything that is not friendly (i.e. someone the Palladium Regency does not have a formal agrrement with) to atoms. His Diplomatic, Survey and Trade fleets can be set to much less strident standards. On the same turn (or the turn before) send said Empire a message to the effect of stay away from certain Warp Points and/or Systems.