Rolling Thunder Forums

Turn Costs

Locklyn

I am for whatever will keep RTG afloat and profitable. I subscribe to the idea that a happy paid GM will be more likely to make the game better. :cheers:

Whatever? Wow, you sure are generous. I've heard rumors that a suitcase filled with $20's and $50's, delivered in the truck of a shiny new Porsche, is exactly what is needed to not only keep RTG afloat and profitable, but keep the GM happy. :)

Mind telling us when you plan to deliver the goods to RTG? So we can all plan for the huge number of improvements that will enter the game. :beer: We'll also be able to plan for your races sudden ability to issue the newest command in the game GODSAYS, an extremely rare racial trait you will gain through random chance as part of some XEXPL order. :ranting:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was filthy rich I might feel inclined to make a donation for game enhancements etc. But I'm not, and I'm ok with that. I don't think the game is overpriced and I'm happy that we were able to pick up 10 more free orders. What I don't understand is how some have the time to do 200+orders. How do you do it? :beer:

In response to how many orders.......

I just start plugging away at things I absolutely NEED to get done. If I'm close to a multiple of 40, I fill the remaining orders with fluff and additioanl fleet organization. If I'm slightly over a multiple 40, I start trimming (if I can)

On average, I'd estimate that that 80 orders are the average....40 orders rarely......120 orders once every three turn cycles or so.

I think the current price is right.

I'd still like to see a flat fee per empire per month. Thats instinct talking. And I'd pay whatever flat fee RTG would list provided we could fit in one or two more turn cycles per month. :beer: But thats a pipe dream, Im sure.

• 2 weeks later...
   :robot:

:thumbsup:

:angry:  

Limey O'Riley is riled.   :drunk:

Grrrr.

Dude.

Over-react much?

I've sent my orders, and I've already started chewing my lower lip in anticipation of the game turn report. I need to let off steam again before I explode. Somebody say something that I can rant against, and quickly!

Limey the looney :cheers:

:robot:

:thumbsup:

:angry: 

Limey O'Riley is riled.  :drunk:

Grrrr.

Dude.

Over-react much?

I've sent my orders, and I've already started chewing my lower lip in anticipation of the game turn report. I need to let off steam again before I explode. Somebody say something that I can rant against, and quickly!

Limey the looney :cheers:

The Holy Roman Empire was neither Roman, nor an empire. Discuss.

And btw, thanks for not taking my last message personally. :cheers:

"Holy Roman Emperor" said Robin, as Batman looked on.

"HOLY": The Pope crowned The Holy Roman Emperor, who was supposedly the temporal overlord of Christendom (in the same way that the Pope was spiritual overlord of Christendom) -- but not every European state recognised this authority, especially those that had no say in the Emperor's election (especially France and England). Originally the Emperor and Pope were supposed to be partners in promoting Christianity over Paganism in western Europe, but this partnership fell away over the centuries.

"ROMAN": originally, the Holy Roman Empire included Italy (which, of course, includes Rome). Also, the Holy Roman Emperor saw himself as the successor to the European parts of the Roman Empire.

"EMPIRE": Actually, by the standards of Medieval European monarchies, it WAS an Empire as it included various sovereign states at various times:

the Kingdom of Bohemia,

the Archduchy of Austria,

the Landgraviat of Hesse,

various Bishoprics (eg, Metz, Verdun, Alsace),

various Provosties (eg, Berchtesgaden, Wissemburg)

various Counties (eg, Tyrol, Flanders, Namur),

various Duchies (eg, Limburg, Luxembourg, Magdeburg),

various Principalities (eg, Lichtenstein, Lautern, Veldenz),

various Marquisates (eg Antwerp, Baden),

and numerous "Free" and "Imperial" Cities (eg, Augsburg, Ulm, Ravensburg, Nurnburg, Hamburg, Bremen, etc, etc), as well as Abbeys and Territories and goodness knows what else, totalling about 360 distinct political entities.

The title is the English translation of the official Latin title "sacrum Romanum imperium", and was adopted by German kings in 1264 then backdated to the reign of King Otto I (962). A common misconception is that Charlemagne was a Holy Roman Emperor, but he actually took the title Roman Emperor in the West in 800, which is sometimes confused with the title of Holy Roman Emperor.

Are you bored yet, or shall I carry on?

Not much of a rant, but interesting and accurate. :drunk:

As to the original thread. I'd say I'm similar to Eternus, average 80 orders per turn. Occasionally drop down to 40 (usually when RL kicks in hard and I don't have the time to do it right) and sometimes 120 (usually setting up convoys and what not) Once I did 160. I do have lots of Convoy routes and standing orders going, probabaly at least 80+ each turn.

I've been coasting along with 40 orders for most game turns, but the upcoming game turn saw 80 orders -- I now need more than 40 orders just for my Fleets (to MOVE, SURV, WARP, and to NM, PMAP, GEO, CSV), so I guess I will be in the 80 orders category from now on.

Like EternusIV, SRP is a "must have" after successful research (I get something on most game turns).

I fill the rest with less important stuff (BI/EB changes, CONs at my Colony World, SHIPs, naming Characters, etc).

Plus I have a Convoy Route between my Home World and Colony World, and numerous Standing Orders (XEXPLs, XLFEs) which occasionally need updating.

If I only use 120 orders, I'm leaving things undone. Leaving anything undone bugs the heck outta me, so I find myself putting in 160 orders more and more often. Yes, I use standing orders and convoy routes out the wazoo, but there is still so much to do, and only so many orders to do it. The scary part is that this is peacetime. I can't imagine what happens to my costs if war happens. Whatever it takes, though, I will end up doing it.

Tom

Rathe Federation