Rolling Thunder Forums

Galactic Senate Proposal and Charter Requirements

EternusIV

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“I hereby wish to enjoy the protections and benefits of the Galactic Senate and promise to honor the Bylaws ratified by the Galactic Senate. I remain a sovereign empire, but will honor any duties imposed upon me by the Senate for as long as I choose to remain a member. I also promise to inspire non-members to the high ideals for which the Galactic Senate stands.”

OK for the Lawyers out there:

Shadowlords Of Lolth #4851

Guest Zy'lar'isa
If quoting the oath is that important then how important will other things be?

If you do not state the quote, then you have sworn to nothing. If you wish to join, swear the words and pledge your honor to uphold your own words.

Queen Zy'lar'isa

The Nest 4933

Thanks, Ed :drunk:

Feel free to mock the Senate, Norm :jawdrop:

Open invitation for you and Gary, of course :thumbsup:

EDIT: Actually Norm/Gary I was probably a bit too defensive. Sorry. I confused the transfer issue and presumed you were making fun of the Senate deal to relight that little topic. Please accept my apologiy for being too defensive about your comments. I probably do come off too full of myself at times. I do a lot of writing for a living and I'm addicted to typing as well. This is one of several boards and writing groups I belong too believe it or not :oops: Anyway, sorry.

I took it too personal even though I should have :cheers:

"I hereby wish to enjoy the protections and benefits of the Galactic Senate and promise to honor the Bylaws ratified by the Galactic Senate. I remain a sovereign empire, but will honor any duties imposed upon me by the Senate for as long as I choose to remain a member. I also promise to inspire non-members to the high ideals for which the Galactic Senate stands."

Queen Zy'lar'isa

The Nest of Zylaria 4933

Queen Mother

The Colony 2516

"I hereby wish to enjoy the protections and benefits of the Galactic Senate and promise to honor the Bylaws ratified by the Galactic Senate. I remain a sovereign empire, but will honor any duties imposed upon me by the Senate for as long as I choose to remain a member. I also promise to inspire non-members to the high ideals for which the Galactic Senate stands."

President Ka-Thon-Ak

Apshai #3343

Nope :(

What you see in this thread is really all the Galactic Senate is so far. A fledgling experiment thus far. :P

I'm a bit in the dark about the existence and operation of the Galactic Star League(I think we all are - most likely by design) and the person to talk to about the GSL would be Lord Valwyn/Mark Gomer. He's a nice guy. I'm sure that other GSL members or ex-members could also say a few words about them.

Ur-Lord Tedric has his own Star League, too....to make matters even more confusing :lol:

A low blow..... :(

Ur-Lord Tedric has the original, best and only (we believe in this game) Star League (#4256).

We did remonstrate early on with the GSL over the usurption of our name, but they were just too nice to pursue it....

We also thought of getting the name changed to the Greater Star League, but that didn't fly either.....

And we're still here........trading co-ordination and anti-piracy patrols offered at reasonable rates...... :P

Lord High Seneschal to Ur-Lord Tedric and all the others of the Conclave of the Star League

Admiral Helianthos Eternus IV

The Everlasting Spawn, 1728

This is an experiment that will undoubtedly reveal the character of every empire in the game - and the people behind them. 

In the event there are those who wish to exploit loopholes and simply sabotage our mutual efforts to bring about prosperity through the aims of the Galactic Senate, the burden falls upon the very Galactic Senate itself to protect its future from such childplay.

WOW, I can not help but feel, you certainly are full of yourself.

As to the second part of the quote, are you going to be lobbyist's to RTG? Just trying to get idea of main focus.

I recognize these lofty aspirations, for the impulse to civilization is strong in Boo culture and these ideas expressed in the Galactic Charter are in many ways the same ideals that have informed other ambitious plans.

I have also come to personally realize that these ideals are not easily embodied. At one level the Galactic Senate idea bekons me. My experience, however, can not be forgotten and the GS looks either Utopian or like an ineffectual debate society. Our Galaxy is not the Primordial Nest of Paridise. Sentience is most assuradly fallen. Already I see the serpents entering the garden. My hope is that you do not allow them to rob you of the eggs of civilization.

These comments are my own, and not those of my government.

Still Honored One Fethra of the Boo

Former Chief Justice of the GSL

Queen Zy'lar'isa

The Nest of Zylaria 4933

Queen Mother

The Colony 2516

The Consultatum can not legitimately be involved in any enterprise where mockeries of truth and fidelity are so easily tolerated, even if the ideals expressed are noble and most of the races involved are honorable. The Treaties of the Colony are worthless. Beware noble beings and protect yourselves from those who would usurp you.

Boo Consulate