Rolling Thunder Forums

More Newby Questions

ali-t-akua

I would like to combine warp point info from mine and my allies mdb files to make one large SNFindpath database. What parts of the mdb do I copy from their files over to mine? A start copying here and end copying here kind of instruction would be much appreciated.

Actually, when you open the Findpath program and it asks you to select an mdb file, hold the shift key down and select both. Should load them both right up.

:woohoo: Oh, and you can do that with multiple mdb files not just two.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to combine warp point info from mine and my allies mdb files to make one large SNFindpath database. What parts of the mdb do I copy from their files over to mine? A start copying here and end copying here kind of instruction would be much appreciated.

If you want to create your own database, just copy the warp point data. You will need MS Access to do so.

If you want to create your own database, just copy the warp point data. You will need MS Access to do so.

New Versions of SNFindPath are also interested in the System table, to determine to a certain degree if a SURV order has

to be added or not.

But easiest really is to just use multiple files.

If you add a lot of mdbs in that dialog, it takes its time. Access-FileDB is not a fast DB :woohoo:

And currently the data is pulled directly from the DB-Files again on each search. If I find time, I may cache the data in a future release of SNFindPath.

Findpath is indeed an excellent tool. You can easily load up many mdb's. I don't know exactly how many I have done, but it is quite a few. Things tend to slow down when you really get a lot, but otherwise it still keeps on humming.

That is because the data is read in every time you do a route.

I did not know better, it was the first time I used DAO to read an Access-Database-File.

The reading of the file alone is deadpan slow. Dunno how I can improve that (I am no Windows programmer), but a new version

will cache the data once read for sure. I may have some time in October to work on some upgrades.