Rolling Thunder Forums

More Newby Questions

ali-t-akua

Also the SUPP order. Is that the only order that a refueling fleet can have? Can it also perform actions?

It just can't move. IN fact I have several tankers on resupply duty that also have a standing XLC Fuel order to keep it topped off. :python:

I don't believe that's true... :drunk:

It seems that a fleet will stay on SUPP ('On Supply') unless it is given a Convoy Order.

It can certainly MOVE ('cos we've done it) and I think Standing Orders (like XLC) are fine too.

Chief Planner to Ur-Lord Tedric

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mahalo Ur-Lord Tedric and Kurrassier

QUOTE (Kurassier @ Jun 22 2004, 04:21 AM)

Also the SUPP order. Is that the only order that a refueling fleet can have? Can it also perform actions?

It just can't move. IN fact I have several tankers on resupply duty that also have a standing XLC Fuel order to keep it topped off. 

I don't believe that's true... 

It seems that a fleet will stay on SUPP ('On Supply') unless it is given a Convoy Order.

It can certainly MOVE ('cos we've done it) and I think Standing Orders (like XLC) are fine too.

Can I do SKIM or XSKIM as well?

This is a change from the rules, then? They state that a fleet will only remain on SUPP orders until moved.

:lol:

I've offered several times to take on rules updates for the Powers That Be, but they'd rather keep it in-house, which I quite understand.

However, I am allowed to produce a 'Player's Guide', which they can then make available. :python:

I might have some free time coming up this August and am thinking of putting together an 'Alternate Rules Guide'. This would be based on the rules as they are now (provided RTG are happy I copy the words). And I'd be incorporating the Orders Supplement as well.

The whole idea is that we'd take the rules and orders and then add our own bits 'below'. What I'd put 'below' is the actual observed interpretation and anything on the subject that players want to contribute. If things ever change, loopholes are discovered and plugged, then I'd change the interpretation as we go along and issue an update (complete with listed amendments). And if the rules themselves change, then I hope RTG will allow me to keep up.

Obviously the first issue will be based very much on my own experience and knowledge, but I'll be soliciting for extra information. One of the things I hope to do is try and put all in one place the various scraps of knowledge, answers and changes that have come out in the last 20 months, or so.

Regards

Chief Scribe to Ur-Lord Tedric

Great idea Ur-Lord. As a newbie, I have spent a lot of time combing the Forum for information about the Rules and as you can see from my frequent questions, there is a lot out there I have not uncovered yet. As RTG does not have the resources to provide an update, I think the Player's Guide will be very handy.

I have moved a fleet that was on SUPP and it then ceased to SUPP anything so I believe the move issue has been in effect for at least that turn. Since then I haven't tried it. I would love to hear of somebodies experiments in this regard or better yet a clear statement from Russ or Pete on how the order actually works.

:python:

I can't say I've done it much, but will do more in the future so may well find out....

I do recall the incident that made be write that above.

I had a fleet on SUPP at a WP. I then moved it to another WP with the MOVE order and gave it a further SUPP order. I can't recall exactly what it said but the report came back with something like:

'Don't be stupid, we're already on SUPP orders!' B)

When on SUPP orders a fleet does have the phrase 'On Supply' at the top right of the fleet report at the same spot that 'Convoy Route' or 'On Station' (the default) appears.

After changing that same fleet to a convoy route I do seem to recall that it definitely wasn't On Supply anymore...because it 'didn't'..... :cheers:

Chief Planner to Ur-Lord Tedric

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of new questions

1. I just got my first CSV back and the attrtion is listed as moderate. Can anyone shed some light on what that means?

2. For a Warp survey do all of the JSS have to be on the same ship or just in the same fleet if I need multiple JSS to crack a warp point?

I am sure I will have more questions after I spend more time pondering my turn but these popped up after my first look.

Mahalo