Rolling Thunder Forums

Scheduling of Turns

Clan Elder 'Keen

I guess your also asking that if they were a business they would charge for every service. Want a question answered and it will be a 1.99 a minute. I think we are just too spoiled. However, I can imagine who will be whining when they start getting into a real fight. Boo hoo. :P

Lostworlds

RTG can charge as much as they like for whatever they like. If customers don't like it, they can always stop doing business with RTG. One of those Economics 101 things.

Hey man, speak your mind all you want. 

Just remember, its Pete....and Russ.  Two guys.  Two computers.  They have lives outside of RTG just like we do.

I give em some leniency for deadlines in that regard.

I can't recall a week that has gone by recently that we haven't received a reliable ETA on turns. 

Just cuz the ETA doesn't suit you, doesn't mean they aren't posting them  :P

I like Pete and Russ. They seem like nice guys and I enjoy talking to them. They may or may not have lives outside of RTG, from talking to Russ it sounds like Pete and him both have challenges outside of business like the rest of us. That said, it doesn't really have any bearing, or shouldn't, on RTG as a business which is what I take the Paradigm as trying to say. All such concerns are mote if it is functionally a hobby instead of a business.

I disagree with your reliable ETA estimate from the stand point of it being communicated and understood well in advance of turn processing. Yes, if you check the boards after turns are submitted you will get an estimate, but then the reason you are checking is because you want the estimate. I've gotten the impression from Pete that there are many more players in the game than participate in this forum who I wonder if would hold with your idea of them having a reliable estimate on results.

From a programming prespective, I kind of wonder why RTG hasn't institued an automated web page tracking the progress of turn processing, but then I have a whole host of questions along those lines. Why can't we upload our orders to a server versus email, etc. The answers may be financial, technical or other and don't necessarilly need to be answered, but these are somethings I would probably try to do if I were running RTG. My wish list sort of thing.

Well, this certainly gets my vote although I wouldn't get to benefit - Being 7 hours in front!!!  :D

But it would get me out of bed on a Saturday - and, thinking ahead to my holiday, might even mean I could take it with me rather than have to wait a whole week..........

Mx

Well, you should try being 15 hours in front...

The only good thing is that I can hope for a surprise on a Saturday morning... I'm always going to want to see my turn results the day before yesterday so moving the deadline is a bit irrelevant. :lol:

One must learn patience with this game... :P

-LX