Rolling Thunder Forums

W.A.P.A.

Sakarissa

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too busy at fight school

Don't forget to stop by the cafeteria and bar at the fight school, it is owned by StarBars (as is the one at the law school) :robot:

Now as to large fleets, etc., people someone who wants peace does not mean weakness. In fact, looking at our own world, the United States is the biggest proponent of world peace and they have the best army/airforce/navy in the world. And yes, I know, all the American bashers out there can argue the world peace issue, but peace and stability are much better for American business than war. Being in Iraq had many reasons, but the main accomplishment was less oppression for the Iraqi's and more freedom. I speak as one who is married to a Middle easterner with many ties to people in and out of Iraq and Iran. Forget what the main stream and Arabic medias try to tell you, THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE of Iraq are VERY grateful that Saddam was deposed. The first hand stories I've heard of the atrocities committed by Saddam and his regime are worse than what we hear. (which of course the media seems to forget about now)

I'll get off my soap box now, Where did that come from? :python:

So be careful Turok, I may discover that you are oppressing your people (not allowing your crew members libations for one!) I may have to come and liberate your people by opening a can of WHAPO on you.... :D

(and then I'll buy you a beer :ph34r:

Alcorn the Honored One

Sabeli Ecok

Defender of the Oppressed Aliens Everywhere! :alien:

PS. I'm one of those Galactic Senators with a large well-equipped War errrr, Defense Fleet. :P

Alcorn the Honored One :robot:

I live in a country that has fought oppression seemingly since time began. At times we have taken on incredible odds because we refused to " look the other way ". We have always done what we felt was right and just, rather than what we thought was sensible - where are those French? Then we watch films of it replayed on television and find out it wasn't us at all but you Yanks who saved the free world!

As far as I am concerned allied actions in Iraq saved a country and we should all be proud.

As for my Empire I won't tolerate oppression. Rumours that I have several thousand personal slaves that I flog every day are way off the mark. ( Personal note new whips required)

I'll have a drink with you anytime :oops:

Well then - make sure you don't forget which end of your retarctable telescope to look through! :robot:

You guys have parrots and stuff?

Arrr.... No, matey, they be havin' the Pirate Code...

Wait! They haven't written the Pirate Code yet.

Sounds like, while the GS is makin' all them there laws and such, the WHACKO's needs to be writin' the Pirate Code, else, howse them guys gonna know how to behave all proper like?

Just what we need, TWO bodies of congress goin' on at the same time... Outta keep both of youse guys busy at least, and out of the rest of our hair.

Well if I was a young pirate, looking for a home, I'd want to know a few things:

Would my membership dues cover stuff like parrots, peglegs, eye-patches and hooks? Is there a dress code? Can I go for a Johnny Depp motif? Are ruffles and pantyhouse absolutely required?

Must I have a blade between my teeth when floating up to the hull of an enemy vessel?

Do I have to use a plank...or will simply opening up the air lock suffice?

Must I sing every pirate song in every concievable language...or is it just as effective to stick with my native language?

I'm sure y'all can think of a few other important questions a newb pirate might ponder upon :oops: Just trying to bolster membership for you guys :robot:

Anyway, here is the Galactic Senate's now-official Bylaw concerning Piracy:

================================================================================

===

HANNIBAL-LOGION Anti-Piracy Bill

GS BILL 061704-2-04

The Galactic Senate declares piracy as a strictly illegal activity. No empire is allowed to steal or capture property belonging to another empire, unless under a declared state of war. Piracy is not in keeping with the Senate’s stated goals. Any empire found by the Galactic Senate to be engaging in piracy, will be branded as an outlaw empire. All empires, both in and out of the Galactic Senate are free to engage, indeed encouraged to engage, an outlaw empire wherever it is found to exist.

Piracy is defined as the act of intentionally attacking, raiding, blockading, bombarding, extorting, or plundering of any thing of value, actively run by a real player, without provocation or legitimate justification. Piracy shall not be deemed to include the capturing of legitimate prize during times of just war, nor shall it include the confiscation of contraband or tariffs by customs and revenue authorities provided the collection of same is openly and conspicuously announced beforehand and the territorial scope of such collection is specifically and intelligably defined.

The liberation of contraband from a known pirate shall not itself be deemed piracy. Whenever possible, stolen property should be returned to its former owners. The liberator of stolen goods may keep 30% of any liberated goods as a salvage fee.

Extended Definition of Piracy: Commiting an act of larceny in the space lanes of senate territory.

================================================================================

===

Well then - make sure you don't forget which end of your retarctable telescope to look through!  :oops:

You guys have parrots and stuff?

Arrr.... No, matey, they be havin' the Pirate Code...

Wait! They haven't written the Pirate Code yet.

Sounds like, while the GS is makin' all them there laws and such, the WHACKO's needs to be writin' the Pirate Code, else, howse them guys gonna know how to behave all proper like?

Just what we need, TWO bodies of congress goin' on at the same time... Outta keep both of youse guys busy at least, and out of the rest of our hair.

Every pirate knows the Pirate Code, no need to be writting it down. It is inate in pirate nature.

:robot:

Well if I was a young pirate, looking for a home, I'd want to know a few things:

Would my membership dues cover stuff like parrots, peglegs, eye-patches and hooks? Is there a dress code? Can I go for a Johnny Depp motif? Are ruffles and pantyhouse absolutely required?

Must I have a blade between my teeth when floating up to the hull of an enemy vessel?

Do I have to use a plank...or will simply opening up the air lock suffice?

Must I sing every pirate song in every concievable language...or is it just as effective to stick with my native language?

I'm sure y'all can think of a few other important questions a newb pirate might ponder upon :blink: Just trying to bolster membership for you guys

That SOUNDS like what a pompus senator would be thinking about all day, if he were to pretend to be a pirate. How every pirate must have an eye patch, must keep his ship at 19 cannon, must do this must do that.

Us pirates, just act like pirates, and which is exactly how we as individuals want to act and each pirate is completly free to do his or her own version of a pirate, and if some land lubber disagrees, we keel haul the bugger. We are a non standard group, and would not infringe on other pirates rights by telling others how to be a good pirate.

:ranting:

Anyway, here is the Galactic Senate's now-official Bylaw concerning Piracy:

===

HANNIBAL-LOGION Anti-Piracy Bill

GS BILL 061704-2-04

The Galactic Senate declares piracy as a strictly illegal activity. No empire is allowed to steal or capture property belonging to another empire, unless under a declared state of war. Piracy is not in keeping with the Senate’s stated goals. Any empire found by the Galactic Senate to be engaging in piracy, will be branded as an outlaw empire. All empires, both in and out of the Galactic Senate are free to engage, indeed encouraged to engage, an outlaw empire wherever it is found to exist.

Piracy is defined as the act of intentionally attacking, raiding, blockading, bombarding, extorting, or plundering of any thing of value, actively run by a real player, without provocation or legitimate justification. Piracy shall not be deemed to include the capturing of legitimate prize during times of just war, nor shall it include the confiscation of contraband or tariffs by customs and revenue authorities provided the collection of same is openly and conspicuously announced beforehand and the territorial scope of such collection is specifically and intelligably defined.

The liberation of contraband from a known pirate shall not itself be deemed piracy. Whenever possible, stolen property should be returned to its former owners. The liberator of stolen goods may keep 30% of any liberated goods as a salvage fee.

Extended Definition of Piracy: Commiting an act of larceny in the space lanes of senate territory.

===

HUH?

Must be lawyer double talk.

Captain Polly, Hey, Pegleg Bill, the GS passed a pirate law, can ya read it to me?

<after reading>

Captain Polly, I should of said translate.

Pegleg, it means declare war, and you are not a pirate.

Captain Polly, so shouting it as we blow them up, would be good enough, Problem solved.

:ranting:

Pirate Code? No, it's more like a set of guidelines.

Ya knows ya can't be havin no code. Why, if there was a code, then every dang being in the universe would be usin the code gainst ye. They'd slow you down by sending diplomats to "parlay". It'd be parlay after parlay until you become so used to it, ya would be drinkin tea instead of rum and extending ya pinky finger like some fine gentleman.

So, ya think I'm daft? Look at the GS. It started with some folks gettin together to set some rules to interact with, some codes. And from that it grew into a senate with secrataries and bills and all that civilized stuff. Any code would be same, just the first step on the short road to bein civilized. Soon, other Pirates would be suggesin changes in the code. Maybe add something to protect them lovely parrots. Add some code on the size of Pirate flags. And before ya knows it, ya is electin representatives to a Pirate Congress where they would be discussin things like ... taxes (shudder).

So ya should be saying "Bah" on those who think there is a code. Guidelines maybe. But the next person who mentions any code should be keelhauled and sent to visit Davy.