Rolling Thunder Forums

Images of Races?

T'Lariss,

Yes, Spartans have developed armor.  However, it is only out of a desire to be the finest infantry in the known universe.  Additionally, I would like to point out that we are not squishy.  As stated before, we are faster, stronger, and harder to kill than your typical human, and we're getting better every day. :cheers:

I do have a question though. 

Do your warriors have to wait for the sun to come out to fight?  Just curious.  Our scientists (all five of them, not a very strong tradition of book learnin' in our society) theorize that most reptillian life forms would follow known facts of their biology.  If this is the case we would be happy to engage your species in wargames in a sunny system of your choosing. :drunk:

Lord Uriel!

The Finest Infantry in the Universe hmmm, a bold and worthy goal. Especially wth races out there like the Gosht Kohr and ourselves in it. I meant no insult with the "Squishy" comment, but we have noticed that most Mammals and Avians are generaly very soft skinned (In comparison of ourse). OF course with your artificial armour perhaps you are the exception. I accept your claim that you are faster, stronger, and harder to kill that the average human. Perhaps yur race will give us a challange. Should we be fortunate enough to meet We would be happy to test ourselve at a time and place of your choosing for wargames. We do not require strong sunlight but we do prefer it resonably warm. It is hoped that we will meet somewhere so we can persue the matter in depth :cheers:

T'Lariss

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sha'thar listens to the interstellar banter as she licks her forepaw, looking inscrutable in that feline way... :cheers:

Here's a question. WHERE did you get the idea for your species? What was it about that speices that appealed to you?

This is easy for me. I've always been something of a big cat nut, and the natural power of lions and other cats impresses.

Okok... plus I saw 'The Lion King' about a bazillion times! :drunk:

Actually my species evolved out of my game goals (I wanted to be a colonizer race) and then I looked for a concept that would fit the characteristics that came out of that. That is how I decided on the Hawaiians. The Polynesians were great colonizers.

When I got my set up I realized I would have to use the Inuit since Hawaii is little warmer than my HW. (Actually even the Inuit would have a hard time living on my HW. :cheers: Our atmosphere freezes in the winter.)

These guys have been in my head for years, looking for a way out. The are based loosly on a visual I remember from and old comic book series (can not remember the name right now but he was a purple guy with a big heavy tail that he used as a whip with large spikes on his elbows and (I think) his knees) I added the Heavy plate and regen because I wanted the to be reptilian (and reptiles should have regeneration) All based on a visual

New Spartans area based on Warhammer 40,000 space marines, and my own interest in military history. I wanted to be essentially human, but a little better. The concept is that they were an expedition of bioenhanced troops sent to some outer fringe to kick some butt. Then everything fell apart. The Spartans had to use the system they were trapped in, and go from there.

I had this idea that my characters were to be named after famous historical military leaders and my capital ships named after famous battles. For example a Assault class ship might be named Thermoplyea.

Then I find myself in the game and find that my desire for the finest infantry means nothing compared to Mk X (name your weapon). I have a second empire that I started that is more inclined to research, but New Sparta is my first and favoritel.

Lord Uriel.

And the emporer's name is one of the Angels that does the Lords' dirty work. It means "Fire of God." I like it so much my handgun is also aptly named. :cheers:

And no, I'm not a nut. :drunk:

I played Age of Empires (and still dabble) for YEARS

The real-time strategy game often involved the strategy of having a high production base (villagers): more villagers=stronger production base=bigger, badder armies.

I decided to apply a similar strategy to this game, without knowing anything about SNROTE at the time.

I've always been intrigued by the concept of large organic races - organic ships - organic everything...

At first, the Spawn were just prolific human breeders - but then the plant twist came along and eventually the 'Everlasting' portion (with highest regen and colonization bonuses)

The name Helianthos Eternus came about as I was flipping through a plant book for name ideas. "Helianthos" sounded cool and means sunflower....'sun' is a nice sci-fi term so voila! "Eternus" was a touch added for the everlasting side of things.

In sum: I wanted a race that would breed like crazy and regenerate quickly.

Hence the name and concept.

Would I do it again?

:lol:

One can breed TOO much in this game.....there simply are not enough CMs to keep me busy no matter how hard I try at this juncture....I'm also cursed with having a low number of planets in my home system (which sucks - because 30% of every world I explore is either 'ideal' or 'slight')

Shadowlords were born of Elves long ago then twisted into Drow by the Demoness Lolth. Still, the quest for the perfect race could never be quenched so the Queen Of Spiders infused more of her powers into her faithful servants allowing them to increase their poison powers to directly extract the life essense of their prey. Their form also took on more limbs in this newest transformation. Darkest these powers may be.....

• 2 months later...

this is somewhat close to mine....

photo-335.jpg

i actually have always been a cat person... but for whatever reason i wanted a birdman rather than a catman... besides mammals can be anything in the game =P

i wanted my race to be a balance between researchers and warriors

it seems that thats what i've got... =)

someone i know did the picture a while back i happened to find it...

i believe he said he used white crayon on black paper...

its close... only females are blue and males are red... =P

and their eyes glow!

glow! B)