Rolling Thunder Forums

Those Pesky G's

Gee, nice way to be so anit-social. Is this what Phoenix Arisen is all about? He asks a simple question that others have answered before on this site (and as you can see, others are still willing to answer), and the PA gets all high and mighty about it. "We know the answer but can't tell you because of blah, blah, blah...". Why did you even respond except to try to show you think your superior to everyone. Every week the PA members sink to new lows on how they play this game and interact with others. Bah!

What?

Gee, nice way to be so anit-social. Is this what Phoenix Arisen is all about? He asks a simple question that others have answered before on this site (and as you can see, others are still willing to answer), and the PA gets all high and mighty about it. "We know the answer but can't tell you because of blah, blah, blah...". Why did you even respond except to try to show you think your superior to everyone. Every week the PA members sink to new lows on how they play this game and interact with others. Bah!

What?

>>>>>>

He said you're being a prat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I made a few ships with 32 or 33 Mk II JSS. (Currently being converted into a vast fleet of ships with single JSSs.) My recollection is that they were unable to survey class E warp points, but I didn't try very often. They had no problem with class D warp points.

--MacBeth

I made a few ships with 32 or 33 Mk II JSS. (Currently being converted into a vast fleet of ships with single JSSs.) My recollection is that they were unable to survey class E warp points, but I didn't try very often. They had no problem with class D warp points.

--MacBeth

If my formula is right (or close), then 32 Mk II are just a bit too little to crack an E, but

33 Mk II should work on most E's.

Please try it, as the 4 Mk III thing proved right, at least.

Cestvel

l

• 1 month later...

are you using any leaders at all? those seem like a very large number of sensors to do the job.

I have a survey ship with just 4 of them Mk II that seems to be doing the job just fine. E's

are no problem with a leader aboard. This turn Im going to try an crack an F warp point with

1 Mk III and a Legendary explorer. We shall see what happens.

This turn surveyed an F with eight Mark III jump survey sensors

Hm, were these plain Mk IIIs or was there any help from Exporers, scientists or Instalaltions?

Because this seems a bit on the low end to crack an F with just 8 Mk IIIs.

Maybe it was an easy one.

(With my formula its an off by 10 points)

Cestvel

All that does is give you more Explorer characters.

Which reminds us: We've been in the game for 24 turns now and have no Explorers or Scientists. Would anyone like to initiate a cultural exchange? We have plenty of Religious Leaders and Diplomats...