Rolling Thunder Forums

Outlaw Empire

Gary Carpenter

looker Posted on Jul 25 2004, 09:01 PM

Actually, my read is most of the GS jumped right in with the "our guy can not be wrong"... routine.

It is refreshing to see Senator whose eyes and ears are more important than his mouth and typing finger.

Phoenix got back from vacation, got flu, and worked a few 14 hour days then rushed his turn in. That's a story I can relate to 

Looker, how many GS jumped on board with no thoughts explaining their position? Talk about mouth and typing finger.... Open your eyes. It wasn't even Phoenix Empire who brought it to the GS attention. That part still makes me wonder.

I see plenty of Senators willing to voice discord when they see it. Thus far, the GS is well represented from various viewpoints.

And, if Phoenix just got back and rushed in a turn, then he should know like the rest of us that you take your chances with a rushed turn. If you can relate to that, then you know the impact as well...a shoddy turn. And it cost him a few exploration ships.

If Phoenix was trying to scam surveys, why was he still at the warp point at which he arrived?

In one breath you say the incident was the result of a rushed turn and then you turn around and ask this question??? You have answered your own question.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of quessstionsss for Gary.

Are you part of the GSsss and if not do you follow a code sssimiliar to the GSsss or isss there a ssseparate code that of the PA that you follow? I have been under the impressssssion that the PA ssshoot firssst, ssshoot sssecond and ssshoot third.

Alssso did you make an effort (assssssuming that is wasss your empire that lossst ssshipsss) after you figured out that you have more than the agreed upon 1 ship to contact the other empire and let them know you had by accident sssent another 8 ssshipsss through the warp point?

CTO, Sssarasss

We believe AKO to be in violation of the Anti-Piracy Bill. Not for shooting first, if they felt justified in doing so, but in failing to declare war first they executed a cowardly dishonorable sneak attack. If we ever come into contact with them, we shall not be trusting of their ships or their motives.

Are you part of the GSsss and if not do you follow a code sssimiliar to the GSsss or isss there a ssseparate code that of the PA that you follow? I have been under the impressssssion that the PA ssshoot firssst, ssshoot sssecond and ssshoot third.

CTO, Sssarasss

Just to clarify for those who may not know:

We, the members of Phoenix Arisen, in order to form a more perfect union, establish Justice and insure Galactic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare and ensure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this constitution for the members of our alliance.

We believe that a perfect union is one where the members share our point of view.

We stand for our way of life and the rule of Justice, not law.

We believe that the way to galactic tranquility is through the elimination of sources of dis-ease.

We shall strictly and enthusiastically defend all territories and borders from those who do not share our beliefs.

We shall promote the welfare of our constituents through research support and open trade.

We ensure the liberty of the beings within our 1,217 systems sphere of control through an active and aggressive expansion of our buffer zones.

We adhere to the logic of strength and the wisdom of Sun Tzu.

We tolerate no deceit.

Should an empire encroach upon our borders we shall let them know.

Couple of quessstionsss for Gary.

Are you part of the GSsss and if not do you follow a code sssimiliar to the GSsss or isss there a ssseparate code that of the PA that you follow?  I have been under the impressssssion that the PA ssshoot firssst, ssshoot sssecond and ssshoot third.

Alssso did you make an effort (assssssuming that is wasss your empire that lossst ssshipsss) after you figured out that you have more than the agreed upon 1 ship to contact the other empire and let them know you had by accident sssent another 8 ssshipsss through the warp point?

CTO, Sssarasss

It is not my empire.

Each member of the PA is free to play any style he or she wants. We have a few empires that do not want to fight all. I am not one of them.

The PA intends to win the game, IE last line below

Your explorers discovered some Cargo Bay(s) here; 13683 were salvaged and added to the holds of <Censored>!

historical notes and evidence in various Imperial libraries and archaeological dig sites: After stitching together numerous

bits and pieces of historical documents and physical evidence, your researchers have determined that your presence on this

world is no accident of nature. It is clear that your race was a colony of a much larger Empire that spanned countless star

systems. It was known as the T'ckon Star League, or alternately just as The Imperium, and it was vast beyond imagination.

Some terrible cataclysmic event took place many tens of thousands of years ago that broke apart the Star League. Most

member worlds were lost in the terrible fires of war, while others reverted to savagery. The lucky ones retained some sort

of technological base and could possibly dig themselves out of their ruins given sufficient time. Your tiny Empire is one

such world. References to the Rigellians, Hivers, the Pride, the Fetwhar, Tellerites, Valtavians, the Plek'ton and some

sort of machine race are found in several documents, but no specific information is given on these strange alien beings.

Others are mentioned as well, but no names are given and details are sketchy at best. Whatever happened to the T'ckon--

whether they did it to themselves in some sort of civil war or were overcome by an alien menace--is impossible to

determine. Perhaps the answers lie out among the stars, where your Empire can discover the truth about the Star League and

either exact revenge on those responsible, or perhaps simply form a new galaxy-spanning Empire to replace it….

or perhaps simply form a new galaxy-spanning Empire to replace it

The galaxy-spanning Empire has already replaced the old Empire. The new Empire is called StarBars, run by the Sabeli. Look for a franchise near you!! :)