Rolling Thunder Forums

Violation of Senatorial Space

The Colony

Master Bates - Let the Senate do what the Senate does. I think the Senate is deeply flawed and at the moment is not worthy of its existence. However, other people feel differently and should be allowed to get on with it.

You seem to accept the Senate's presence but don't agree with what it's doing. If that is the case may I humbly suggest that you join it and change it's workings from the inside, for all your shouting from the side-lines will achieve nothing.

Can't believe what I just wrote. Eternus have you developed some sort of mental powers and aimed them at me?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Master Bates - Let the Senate do what the Senate does. I think the Senate is deeply flawed and at the moment is not worthy of its existence. However, other people feel differently and should be allowed to get on with it.

You seem to accept the Senate's presence but don't agree with what it's doing. If that is the case may I humbly suggest that you join it and change it's workings from the inside, for all your shouting from the side-lines will achieve nothing.

Can't believe what I just wrote. Eternus have you developed some sort of mental powers and aimed them at me?

Turok = Ur Lord Tedric.

Did somebody highjack Turok's ID? He said something constructive. :oops:

Turok (assuming you are Turok) if you keep that up they're going to throw you out of WHAPO. :D

Somehow people keep getting wrapped up in this Senate thing and it seems to slip their mind that - "They are galactic emperors PRETENDING to be Senators"

Double thick layers of roleplaying here. How can you debate with people who are imagining and pretending? :D

You can't. Don't try.

Perhaps you are right, I could join them, but then I would be accused of being an infiltrator like other PA members.

I guess pointing out when they break their own charter IS a waste of time. I here by, remove myself from the discussion, to laugh at them in private, or with friends.

Since when has a Senator accused any PA member of 'infiltrating' the Galactic Senate? :lol:

There is nothing to infiltrate! :lol:

Senator Darksky has been a worthy contributor to the Senate and its too bad we cannot enjoy the talents from other PA members. Gary and Norm are talented players who seem to really care about Senate affairs.

If you want to file a grievance about the AKO incident or the border dispute with The Asphai, let us know. Please be prepared to offer proof, though....no Senator will be summarily booted simply because an anxious PA member wishes it so.

The Senate is still at its dawn. I'm confused as to what non-members actually expect of us. Its quite an experiment and I still have faith that the Senate will prove a worthy forum down the line. I'm pretty amazed at the quality of participation we've had.

Turok cheerily implies we are useless....but...I have to ask this candidly: given the nature of an empire to protect its secrets and the design of this game...what can any organization really provide that the Galactic Senate cannot (potentially)?

The Galactic Senate could share intel and systems...but most of us in the Senate (and elsewhere) freely exchange such information through other channels on a need to know basis and strike a careful balance between security issues and information profit. If the Galactic Senate involves into an 'alliance' as many of you already assume; it would be the choice of the very members who comprise it!

:thumbsup:

Eternus have you developed some sort of mental powers and aimed them at me?

And Turok - thanks for picking up my dry cleaning and proofreading that brief. Oh -- thats right -- you wouldn't 'remember' doing that, would you?

(/waves hand and says telepathically: the Senate is gooood....the Senate needs youuuuuuu :D)

:oops:

Hi Guys just a couple of quick replies:

Oracle of Delphi thanks for the comparisom, I am flattered

Ur Lord Tedric sincere apologies for the comparisom. You must be truly miffed.

Ali-t-akua: no it's definately me. Fortunately WHAPO is just a loose band of cut-throats. I don't think any of them will mind - too much

Kurassier it was probably that extra shipment of rum that I ordered but never received - you treacherous dog! I had to get some grog elsewhere. Made me go kinda funny for a while

Gary Carpenter good on you - but keep making mental notes

Eternus - Oh you are good my friend but not that good!

:D to you all

I had to get some grog elsewhere. Made me go kinda funny for a while

Well, Turok, if you got it elsewhere, I can understand why you went kinda funny, because I'm sure the quality wasn't even close to be as good as mine.

Kurassier it was probably that extra shipment of rum that I ordered but never received - you treacherous dog!

It was on the way, but got intercepted by Moonshadow, and he paid cash! Said something about just sacking some alien and his guys were thirsty and rich! :D

OH, and a sidenote, Rum is probably my favorite of all the spirits! (and no that doesn't make me a pirate!)

I think the Senate is deeply flawed and at the moment is not worthy of its existence

Oh, and I'm deeply flawed, but I think I'm worthy of existence. :oops: After all, I provide an important service to the universe, StarBars!!! :D