Rolling Thunder Forums

Global Exclude

CrabMan

Here are a few thoughtsss.

Global excludess are nice for interssstellar convoy routesss. Ssso when you OC all to the colony and then your home world you don't dump all your fuel and fail to warp. Or when you LC All you don't pick up the CM'sss so you can't build anything on the colony.

Even better, ssshould your explorers pick up some power or ICE you don't dump them on a planet and them lossse them. :D

CTO, Sssarasss

From April'sss sssecond turn on the 23 courtesssy of GM Pete.

[7] Global Exclusion lists for LC (Load Cargo) and OC (Offload Cargo) have been added. During execution of an LC, ALL order, if an item is found in the Load Cargo exclusion list, that item will not load. It is skipped as if it was not present in the population group. The same is true for OC, ALL orders - items in Fleet Cargo will be skipped if they are encountered during an OC, ALL order and are listed in your OC exclusion list. To add items to your LC exclusion list, issue an LC order with the special keyword GLOBAL EXCLUDE as the first item. Example: 'LC, 12345, 25, GLOBAL EXCLUDE, 0, Processed Radioactives, 0, Light Beam Laser, 0' would add Processed Radioactives and Light Beam Laser to your LC exclude list. This order acts like a toggle, so if either or both of those items happened to be on your LC exclude list already, they would be removed. 'OC, 12345, 501, GLOBAL EXCLUDE, 0, Fuel, 0, Light Drone, 0, Interceptor, 0' would add Fuel, Light Drone and interceptor to your OC exclude list (or remove them if already on that list). These lists are only checked when an LC, ALL or OC, ALL order is encountered. It is also checked if you happen to enter an LC, ALL NO FUEL or OC, ALL NO FUEL order. Imperial Flag has been added to the LC exclusion list for every empire. The population group and fleet #'s entered in these GLOBAL EXCLUDE LC and OC orders do not matter, because these are global lists used for your entire empire. You can still use the ALL NO FUEL option if you like, but this system sort of replaces it - you could simply add Fuel to your LC exclude list.

[8] Specific LC and OC item exclusions has been added as well, for use with regular versions of those orders. Just list an item like you would normally, but use the keyword EXCLUDE as the quantity and that item will be skipped. Example: OC,

12345, 34, Construction Materials, 25000, Fuel, EXCLUDE, Crystals, 10000 would load Construction Materials and Crystals but would skip loading Fuel. These specific exclusions are checked during LC, ALL or OC, ALL orders as well as regular LC and OC orders. For the most part I'd expect the global lists to have items added such as Fuel, Processed Radioactives and Water (things needed for Power generation) or OC exclusions for expendables such as fighters or drones. Using specific exclusions during an LC, ALL order would look like this: 'LC, 12345, 25, ALL, 0, Fuel, EXCLUDE, Construction Materials, EXCLUDE, Processed Radioactives, EXCLUDE'. This would load everything from pop group # 12345 onto fleet # 25, but would skip Fuel, Construction Materials and Processed Radioactives. Make sure to put a number in for the quantity field right after the ALL

keyword - it isn't used for anything, but you need to get past it to start entering excluded item names...so put some number in there and then start keying in <item name>, EXCLUDE pairs as if you were entering a regular LC or OC order.

Besst to actually have the rulesss.

CTO, Sssarasss

I learn more and more about this game from these forums. Good questions CrabMan. :oops:

A related question:

If you give an order to LC all items and you have insufficient space, in what order do you load the items? I checked the rules and there is no information on what order things are loaded.

Mahalo :D

I learn more and more about this game from these forums. Good questions CrabMan. :oops:

A related question:

If you give an order to LC all items and you have insufficient space, in what order do you load the items? I checked the rules and there is no information on what order things are loaded.

Mahalo :D

Items are picked up in alphabetical order (numbers first then letters)

40 CM Autocannons before Ablative armour

Ablative armour before Construction materials

And so on

Hope this helps

• 7 months later...

Does any one know what items are on the default GLOBAL EXCLUDE lists? Is there a way to check?

Am I right that there are two lists, one for LC and another for OC?

I'm about to set up my exclude lists and I'm afraid of toggling something on that I intended to be excluded.

Does any one know what items are on the default GLOBAL EXCLUDE lists? Is there a way to check?

I'm about to set up my exclude lists and I'm afraid of toggling something on that I intended to be excluded.

The lists should appear on your turn after the imperial navy report. The only default item I can recall is Imperial Flag on the LC list

The lists should appear on your turn after the imperial navy report. The only default item I can recall is Imperial Flag on the LC list

Thanks. I looked, but no list there, or anywhere I remember seeing. What text in the message could I search on? Maybe it doesn't show up until after you've set it up the first time??

Thanks. I looked, but no list there, or anywhere I remember seeing. What text in the message could I search on? Maybe it doesn't show up until after you've set it up the first time??

It is above the ** Imperial Astronomical Report: Unsurveyed Warp Points **. And looks like this:

================================================================================

=========================================

** Imperial Cargomaster Report: Global Exclusions **

LC (Load Cargo) ... Imperial Flag ...

================================================================================

The lists should appear on your turn after the imperial navy report.  The only default item I can recall is Imperial Flag on the LC list

It is above the ** Imperial Astronomical Report: Unsurveyed Warp Points **. And looks like this:

** Imperial Cargomaster Report: Global Exclusions **

LC (Load Cargo) ... Imperial Flag ...

Thanks guys. My "Imperial Astronomical Report: Unsurveyed Warp Points" directly follows my "Imperial Navy Report: Fleet Summary". No Global Exclusions to be found. I did a search on the whole document to be sure. Nothing. I'd guess it won't show up until I mod my exclusions.

I'll assume that Imperial Flag is the only thing defaulted on the LC list, and nothing is defaulted on the OC list. Does that sound right?

I know I've not done a GLOBAL EXCLUDE. I've done a search of my latest turn, and looked it over in fairly good detail. Before bothering Pete, I'll go back and search my other turns too. I don't recall ever seeing an Imperial Cargomaster Report though.

Thanks for the help and good advice! B)

I know I've not done a GLOBAL EXCLUDE. I've done a search of my latest turn, and looked it over in fairly good detail. Before bothering Pete, I'll go back and search my other turns too. I don't recall ever seeing an Imperial Cargomaster Report though.

Thanks for the help and good advice!  B)

Drasn, every time you order a load cargo (LC) order or an Off Load (OC) order, in the blurb for that order you'll have the Imperial cargo master tell you they've complied with the order- or changed the amounts because you haven't enough to move.

I also haven't a Global Exclude list. Does this have something to do with the version of the turn entry folks are using? The version I'm using doesn't have the Global/Exclude order as an option.