Rolling Thunder Forums

Weapon Ranges

EternusIV

Yes your crazy but we all knew that....

Oh! You actully meant if you were crazy for asking and you probably are.

I'd be content with a short, medium or long range modifier for weapons systems that are not obvious, like and of the projectile weapons.

But since range is not listed I assume that their placement does not matter.

Lord Sa Heru

Fluffy,

Check out the last few pages of the GENCON thread immediately after Pete and the others returned.

Eternus,

Here's another question that may bend some minds ...

what if some weapons are which are listed as long range are only effective at long range?

Just my ramblings...

Lord Uriel

New Sparta

WHAPO!!!

We think this is what Uncle Pete means in the "Turns are in" thread....

Weapon strengths will be "bracketed" for DepLoc, thus showing the 'reduced' strength (if applicable) at that particular range based off the standard/basic.

But he says it's not yet active. :(

Pete

Could you let us know when it is and also if you can/will be able to show similar information in the FOB result - for then we can test designs and understand what we're doing? :(

Chief Warmaster to Ur-Lord Tedric

We think this is what Uncle Pete means in the "Turns are in" thread....

Weapon strengths will be "bracketed" for DepLoc, thus showing the 'reduced' strength (if applicable) at that particular range based off the standard/basic.

But he says it's not yet active. :(

Pete

Could you let us know when it is and also if you can/will be able to show similar information in the FOB result - for then we can test designs and understand what we're doing? :(

Chief Warmaster to Ur-Lord Tedric

Yes, will probably add that data to the FOB's - this would let you look over your designs without having to get into a battle. I need to get the bracketed damage reduction info in the main battle reports anyway.

Yes, will probably add that data to the FOB's - this would let you look over your designs without having to get into a battle. I need to get the bracketed damage reduction info in the main battle reports anyway.

:thumbsup:

You're a little star - then we can design and test and at least have a good idea about what we're about.

If you could then just add some explanation of the Fighter & Drone options to the first full issue of the Naval Combat Supplement, we'd have the full picture (well, all that would be reasonable :unsure: ) and be able to 'understand' what we're seeing... :cheers:

Contented Chief Warmaster to Ur-Lord Tedric

PS Please just let us know in a turn message when the FOB's done and we predict a rush of FOBs and Re-FOBs (after DepLocs are changed) !!!

Not to sound tooo clueless....what is FOB???

It means Fight Over Beer, a primitive but effective method of solving disputes on some far-flung planets. :thumbsup:

Er...Fleet Order of Battle, an order to display some interesting info about a fleet. I'll be updating it to look more like the new space battle reports.

In our final hour (if such a tragedy could occur), if we fail to consume the last of our stores, we will happily JETT the remainder of our supply into space than have the blowhards known as WHAPO taste our magnifient alien libations!

WHAPO =

We

Havent

Accomplished

Paddidly-Squat

Other than TALK about blowing people up

:thumbsup:

(All in good fun, ladies and gents :cheers: )

Cordially,

Sniveling, Whining Peacenik Senator-Secratary Admiral Helianthos Eternus IV