Rolling Thunder Forums

FORM and the FBP report

orin

OK..my fleet are set to the standard(default) Plan. Under "Formation" on the FBP report, how is the formation related to the deployment location? I mean, I can understand fighter and drone deployment orders but:

1) since the formationare Leters, does that mean there can only be 26 ships in a fleet?(A-Z)

2) the deployment locations.... I know they are grided, but how do you assign a ship to the A "spot".

3) in the rules (pg 5-4) there is a list of Battle formations but No C-F-M or W formation are listed (or am I reading the wrong thing.

4) if those are the Letters for formation...you would thing the "N"(non combat) formation would default to location 12 and not 7 (middle)

or am I way way or..or just blind to what was written in the rules??? :thumbsup:

OK..my fleet are set to the standard(default) Plan. Under "Formation" on the FBP report, how is the formation related to the deployment location? I mean, I can understand fighter and drone deployment orders but:

1) since the formationare Leters, does that mean there can only be 26 ships in a fleet?(A-Z)

2) the deployment locations.... I know they are grided, but how do you assign a ship to the A "spot".

3) in the rules (pg 5-4) there is a list of Battle formations but No C-F-M or W formation are listed (or am I reading the wrong thing.

4) if those are the Letters for formation...you would thing the "N"(non combat) formation would default to location 12 and not 7 (middle)

or am I way way or..or just blind to what was written in the rules??? :cheers:

Waiting for lovely turns just in case they're in before I go to bed.....anyone else please jump in if I make a mistake... :thumbsup:

Firstly I believe there are still a few mismatches between the Letters used in the rules and the ones in the input program - the ones in the input program and shown on the FBPs are right. :unsure:

No, you're not limited to 26 ships per fleet! When you design your ships you get to choose the Class (the letter they're assigned) [Now actually it doesn't matter which letter you use and, if you wished, you could use any - but there's more to this...].

Now firstly, the letter/class you assign will then matter when you come to decide which Deployment Location you want to assign to that letter in your chosen FBP.

More importantly, if you ever contemplate a WP assault, the letter determines the order in which your ships will try to transit the WP. And this is where the descriptors for the classes make some sense.

We hope that makes sense?

Chief Warmaster to Ur-Lord Tedric