Rolling Thunder Forums

Santa SRPs

EternusIV

Pete,

It'd be real good to know the amount before doing the turns :cheers: And I for one don't expect it to be 48 and would be quite happy with 24...after all I started the game with 34 saved SRP two years ago :)

/Locklyn

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Pete say that the announcement would be next turn? That would mean that they would not be available until the following turn. No need to badger the poor man, I expect to see the amount on the turn notes just like the last time Santa visited. :D

BTW - any points are points I don't have and will be greatful for. :)

Didn't Pete say that the announcement would be next turn? That would mean that they would not be available until the following turn. No need to badger the poor man, I expect to see the amount on the turn notes just like the last time Santa visited. :D

BTW - any points are points I don't have and will be greatful for. :)

:unsure:

Actually the impression we have (and I think many) is it's this coming turn and SRP orders have been written accordingly, I'm sure.....

Chief Scientist to Ur-Lord Tedric

And yes, the actual number would help plan, but it's not essential. Actually a surprise would be very nice too.... :cheers:

:) In a email with Russ, I beleive the Bonus SRPs are coming within this next turn we send in. So slot#1 a tech that is no higher than 4th generation/level. As to the amount I was thinking that since last year we got 12 SRPs, and being this is the 2nd year that it is most likely we might get 24 SRPs...but that is only my guess! It would be nice if Pete would tell us before the turn runs and we send in our orders so that we can plan.

I do have one question though, if I slot #1 a tech that the SRPs can be applied to and then finish off that tech, will the extra SRPs be saved for the next turn OR will they then be applied to the next slot down that they can be applied as well too?

:D Just trying to plan for the best...

Penn

I'm hoping the Bonus SRP is coming out next turn for a couple of good reasons:

1 - It will give me a chance to setup my SRP this coming turn, and :D

2 - If an SRP bonus is given out this turn, then those who do not monitor this forum would be out of luck because they wouldn't even know about it, which would be unfair to them. Not that is matters, I'll conquer you all but I'd like to do it fair and square. :)

I do have one question though, if I slot #1 a tech that the SRPs can be applied to and then finish off that tech, will the extra SRPs be saved for the next turn OR will they then be applied to the next slot down that they can be applied as well too?

I would assume that they would work as SRPs always have. At least I hope they do as I am still working through the SRPs from my set up. :)

The bonus points are treated exactly the same as points saved from setup. If you have saved points right now, they're added to that total. If you don't, they are added in as if you had saved them from a setup, and flagged so that they won't be used until you issue an SRP order.

After next turn processes, the points will be added in (so they won't do anything next turn, but will activate the turn after).

Pete,

It'd be real good to know the amount before doing the turns :) And I for one don't expect it to be 48 and would be quite happy with 24...after all I started the game with 34 saved SRP two years ago :D

/Locklyn

48 points is such a wierd number, Lars. Whats wrong with a nice even fifty? I'm not greedy, of course.

48, no wait, 42 is the answer to the ultimate question in the universe, so thats my vote. 42 points. In honor of my brother, Doug. :cheers:

*shakes head wondering how Lars ever dreamed up such a wierd number... must be a swedish thang*

Actually it was Moonshadow AKA...oh well you know who suggested 48 which of course is a nice progression from the 12 we received last time...12...24...48...I personally believe we'll get a doubling from the ones we got last time to 24 but being SRPless I am quite happy about any SRP points :)

But I could live with 42 too mate! :lol:

:D

/Locklyn

Pete,

Regardless of the number you choose to award us, know that it is very appreciated and a nice gesture. Thank you sir..:)

P.S.

Eternus,

I assume you refer to Wilt single game total. I say lets skip that and go with Wilt's other number, the 10,000 one night stands he said he had,.. now THAT would be some SRP's..:D

Mark