Rolling Thunder Forums

Assigning Scientists

Hughestrog

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. Brawn beats colonizer any day of the week.

Well - we've played with you for nearly 2 years now, MMB :lol:

I'm sure you wont be offended if I respectfully disagree and state that such a broad generalization about "brawn v. breeder" is flat out naive.

What do you think breeders do with that industrial base? Just sit back and watch it get bigger without using it to crank things out? Do they just let you waltz in unabated (like the dropped Mindsphere) while you spend dozens of turns experimenting with their ground forces while orbiting the homeworld? Would a dropped position have NO orbitals protecting itself and let you waltz in unawares? :angry:

Also - I would suggest you make an attempt at conquering an active position that utilizes the insane bonuses for defensive play built into the game. In most cases - the defender will have PLENTY of time to counter your forward fleets....breeders can effectively OUTPRODUCE you....

Think about it.

You find your little "breeder victim" five systems away (best case scenario for you)

You start amassing your warships and heading out...if the breeder spots you, he/she is spending your travel time to produce defenses (at a much higher rate)....the defender gets a nice five turn jump start on you...unless you foolishly build those super-warp fleets (better actually HAVE gobs of Antimatter Engines to pull that one off)

Every NTWD/FTWD/Engine you build to speed up your assault, is more tonnage NOT spent on delivering the firepower to wipe out the breeders' orbital defenses. A defender can divert ALL of its (superior) production on defenses and troops (namely - orbitals with that nice 3X structure bonus) (THUS - agressor best have at LEAST 7+ turns of production devoted to the assault...assuming MINIMAL defenses)

Disclaimer: my little argument here supposes a player with a little bit of talent in their pinky toe. It might not apply to dropped positions with AI that doens't bother building orbital defenses or picket fleets wih "WHAPO-sensors" :drunk:

Bottom line: the game is far more balanced than you make it appear MMB :nuke: But - I'm not so sure you're capable of accepting such a reality. I mean, after all, you WTFPWN'd the Mindsphere! (I'd bow to you, but I have a bad football knee)