Rolling Thunder Forums

GS Investigation One

EternusIV

Gary,

Why do you want to draw us into the debate?

There is not even a plaintiff, and I have already come to an agreement with the said empire.

Kind regards,

The answer is simple AKO. The rapacious Macrohard Corporation launders money and fences stolen goods for Pirates and Mr.Bates wishes to cast doubt on others so the GS will not pay attention to its misdeeds. Oh yes, don't forget that the PA Secret Service uses Marcohard as a schill.

Vox B)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Senator Logicon...

you exeplify the inability for the Galactic Senate to acutal have qualified members. We accept your declarations of war as an example of your lack of gamesmanship...

We do not hang out with the Colonists. We do however circle your homeworld.

Best wishes in your attempts to be a "qualified" player...

Gary,

Why do you want to draw us into the debate?

There is not even a plaintiff, and I have already come to an agreement with the said empire.

Kind regards,

I am not drawing you into the debate. YOU are on my side. IE you agree that a broken agreement, where you have not heard from the other empire is grounds to blow up said empires ships. You are a precedent.

I am simply reminding everyone that concluded, and so stated this in AKO, attacks Phoenix, SHOULD agree that if the Eyre likewise had an agreement broken, then it was not pirate like to destroy said ships.

Do I need to expalin this further?

Senator Logicon...

you exeplify the inability for the Galactic Senate to acutal have qualified members. We accept your declarations of war as an example of your lack of gamesmanship...

We do not hang out with the Colonists. We do however circle your homeworld.

Best wishes in your attempts to be a "qualified" player...

OOC: If we had known you were coming we'd have baked a cake B)

IC: "Qualified" is that like "bon-i-fide?" Since you are "cretifiable" I guess I can only hope but become "qualified."

Senator Logion

Damn!

I finally have time to read the boards and all hell breaks loose :lol:

I'll try to contact the other two Senators this week to see if they want to do this investigation thing.

We still don't have the Empire Numbers of the parties involved and the full empire names (I'm sure I could troll back and find 'em...Martin, can you provide them please? Thanks )

Sorry to see you go Krelnett. :) Good luck!

Lastly, I see a couple of people declaring war on each other so I'll check all my emails and might have a few declarations of my own :cheers::drunk:

The EYre 2335..

AKO a Galactic Senate member sets a fine precedent for this case. His fire because an agreement is broken should be used as a benchmark for my case. I would also point out that this spurious declaration of war amongst senators (actually Logicon on the colony and not vis versa) is somewhat concerning as I present my case to the Senate (it would seem the small/decrepit/weak squirrels of the Logicon breed are jumping on the small/decrepit/weak ants or something in the background)

MadMartinB

We stand corrected. We believed that the ammendment as written (see below) by the Logicon and Boo would actually reflect the greater atmosphere of the Galactic Senate. We humbly take back our comments about Senator Logicon's actions being out of character of the Galactic Senate and rather would ask if his actions (declaration of war on another Senate member) actually reflect the standards of the GS.

Senator Eternus -LOGION-BOO Member Territory Pact

GS BILL 062404-2-06 [as Amended]

General Purpose: To prevent unnecessary death and destruction and inadvertant hostilities regarding borders by creating a Neutral Zone Registry and establishing a system of mutual recognition of sovereign territory and common spacefaring courtesies.

This obviously is a mistake since senator logicon's actions refute the very ammendment he wrote. Maybe he should relook it or the senate should revote...Hmmm tomutual recognition and common spacefaring courtesies..We now understand that the GS means declaring war when not in contact with another empire is common courtesy.

3) Members mutually agree to publically proclaim which systems lie outside their sovereign borders and to identify to the Galactic Community the rules each race shall employ in granting other races entry into their sovereign territories. This should alert conventional travelers that they are entering sovereign territory whenever they deviate from Galactically recognized neutral zones while avoiding the problem of disclosing all of a members system names, thereby indangering the sovereignty of that member's government. In sovereign systems behind the border members may have their defense forces set to what ever state of readiness they deem appropriate.

Since Senator Logicon is a member would he please post all systems outside of his galactic recognized space. We need to make sure we can avoid them since his standards of courtesy are reflective of the Valkor alliance tactics.

We would also take exerpts from the manifesto of the GS (the so called charter) stating a desire to be peaceful and work together but that would require an entire evening of comments surrounding Senator Logicon's bizarre and random declaration of war, the "defensive alliance" of Senators and their offensive declaration of war (v. me) and Senator Valkor's clear desire to start a war versus the Eyre. Again I ask what the senate stands for and do the actions of a few rogue senators (Logicon and ilk) reflect the greater glory the Senate stands for.

Martin aka Phoenix Arisen worm* --

Your broad interpretation that the Senate as some mutual defensive network is misplaced. (See below)

If you want to see it that way, write a Bylaw and submit it.

Sadly - your antics have done little more than exhausted many members of the Senate. I've received several PMs to that effect.

Furthermore, the other members of the investigation panel have not responded to your inquiry....and I don't suspect they will.

I'm not sure WHICH MMB is a member of the Senate...I know the Colony is....no matter.

Pat yourself on the backs, kiddies.....I think you've finally exhausted every ounce of my enjoyability in being Secretary/pretemp investigator in the Senate! :lol: I suspect this was your intent all along. Bravo. I'll still participate...but I didn't sign up for all this drama ;)

At some point, a person has to make a stand (in-game) against such deplorable gamesmanship.

As a result, my positions declare war, not only on YOU but the entire Pheonix Arisen alliance, with the exception of Ed Mooney.**

Please note that The Colony is not exempt from this declaration even though it be a member empire of the GS :beer:

Well - we have that little detail out of the way :) C'mon...its not like we were headed in a different direction :lol: I'll spare the SNROTE boards of the weird path to the personal stuff that developed (I'm still pretty clueless on how it happened.)

To the Senate - I hope it remains active despite this crap. Feel free to participate. I will...but to a more limited capacity. Unless I hear directly from the other members of the investigation panel, I will refuse to acknowledge any of Martin's grievances (or *anyone's* for that matter....did we really sign up to babysit?)

Have a nice day and best of gaming to you....worms :beer::cheers:

*Nothing personal. I'd still buy you all beer...with HBOB libations, of course ;)

* I got addicted to calling you guys worms...its smack-lite...I'm sure you are all human :lol:

** Please don't punish him for this, BTW He had nothing to do with my decision. Besides, declaring war doesn't really change that dynamic....you've known of our ancient friendship from the beginning.

Ookay...

Now that's the first declaration of war against an alliance in this game...wohoo! I guess that's what you get for associating with such fellows as the Eyre. Please do post regular combat reports and news from this battlefront. We Gremloids love popcorn and bloody battles, especially when they're far far far away from us :beer:

:beer:

/Locklyn

Hi Brad (A.k.a EternusIV since its all your empires and not just one role playing position),

you wrote:

" As a result, my positions declare war, not only on YOU but the entire Pheonix Arisen alliance, with the exception of Ed Mooney.**"

OK. Lets see how it all plays out. Good Luck and I sincerely hope that we all enjoy the coming competition/war whatever the outcome. It is after all a game and we all knew that the confrontation was part of it.

Good Cheer,

Rick McFarland

Phoenix Arisen

OK. Lets see how it all plays out. Good Luck and I sincerely hope that we all enjoy the coming competition/war whatever the outcome. It is after all a game and we all knew that the confrontation was part of it.

Good Cheer,

Rick McFarland

Phoenix Arisen

Likewise, Rick. You and Dan have always been a gentlemen to me. May the best worm win :beer:

As a result, my positions declare war, not only on YOU but the entire Pheonix Arisen alliance, with the exception of Ed Mooney.**

Note to the Minister of Libations, start cranking out more. Send messages to the Ministers of Mead and Sake, we'll need more shipments than originally anticipated. :beer: