GS Investigation One

EternusIV

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me see if I have this right

The founder of the senate declar's war on the P. A. just because :blink:

The P. A. declais war on the galacitic Senate (except for all senetors that are not Eternus) :taz:

Lostworlds declairs war on the P.A. for no appearent reason(unless he is eternus) :):cheers:

and a non-senetor and Known Prate is bringing up piracy charges on another non senator :ranting:

Do I have it all so far ofr have I missed somthing?? I think I will join the greminiods woking on their pocket dimension. It's getting crazy out here

T'Lariss

Sometimes reading the Galatic Forum is almost as exciting as reading my turn reports! :oops:

MadMartinB Posted: Sep 22 2004, 03:13 AM

Since Valkor now claims to not be a member we officially request that the Galactic Senate sanction him for his deplorable actions. While the Eyre understands that nothing will come of a sanction we wish to be cleared of the wrong doings that have been attributed to us.

For the record, Valkor has no interest in claiming not to be a member of the Senate. Why? Hmmm, maybe because it's true. If Eerie Boy could pull his head out of his hindparts long enough to take a breath and stop shoveling dung, he'd notice that empire 232, Valkor, is not listing anywhere on any list of Galactic Senators nor as party to any Senate vote. Maybe you forgot to fabricate that part of your story well enough. Nor has Valkor sent any information to any investigation which up to this point seems made of thin air.

Great gods, Eerie Boy, let me sum up, you ignorant whelp.

1. You initiated hostilities as a surprise attack, with no warning

2. I declared war honorably before initiating any hostilities

3. You whine about the injustice of it all (How can you possibly be Irish?)

Be a man, find a backbone, and come get your apology. It's sitting in my pocket on my homeworld. Yes, I call you pathetic and a liar--now come get me if you want your "just" desserts for all the "wrongs" committed against you. And yes, you may bring along your PA allies who have taken you in and willfully turn a blind eye to any truth in advertising or sense of honor.

*passing popcorn to Turok while Galreth ships assemble and watching T'lariss trying to squeeze its homeworld into a slightly used pocket dimension*

Now this will be interesting...My moneys on Galreth...and why is everyone so worried, one pirate less is just a good thing. It's like when you step on or swat a *Insert annoying pest creature of your homeworld here*, it's not like you'll wind up losing sleep over it...

/Locklyn

I am amazed at the depth of ill feeling here, and feel the Senate is at least partly responsible. If the Senate is designed as a forum for peace and negotiation shouldn't its members agree such when they join. Senate members should then have the right to attack any Empire outside the Senate, since by not joining they have declared themselves war-like.

It all seems very easy to me :)

Turok-

Thank you for the kind words.

As an aside from all the negatives on this board I would like to publicly extend my hand to you. I think we are playing the game from completely different directions, but hell it is just a game.

Likewise. Hell it IS just a game and I hope we can meet personally at the next SNROTE convention :oops:

I think with the GS you have made a lot of work for yourself but you keep it going. You play the game with honesty and integrity and you have my utmost respect.

I appreciate that. I haven't been so honest as to expose my entire hand, but I'm trying my best to stick to my promises and contribute to an overall enjoyment of the game. I used to be more positive about things, but I've seen some gamesmanship that is flat out pathetic. I apologize if you took any of my disappointment in that regard personally. It was never directed at you.

The GS is the byproduct of several empires. I'm not just saying that. Most of those Bills were written by other people and I get a kick out seeing the Senate grow as a collective effort....hell what fun would it be to write my own charter and alliance all by myself?

You realise this is just a game and don't take any of my wranglings to heart, which is good to know. I would suspect that your Empires are better run than most and if there ever could be a "winner" in this game you would not be far away.

We are hiring a propoganda minister and you just won the job :ranting: Every time I receive turns I repeat the mantra: "Please don't let me pay for my past mistakes...give me a few more turns of peace..." I'm not sure how I'm doing. I know that I like my neighbors and am enjoying empire building. Other than that, I'm certain the 'winning' will be had by the mega alliances out there eventually :)

Now I must get on with my principle aim of destroying that accursed Senate !

By all means, please do :taz:

I wish you good gaming - it's good to know there are people like you playing.

Likewise! :blink:

There are many players enjoying the game and passing the popcorn, so don't think yourself stranded from the likes of other players with your POV.

Over the last two years, I have met LOTS of good people through this game. Many choose to avoid placing themselves on the political chopping block and prefer the diplomacy of old - namely - an email here or there...or even an actual hand written letter. Several people are working in twos and threes with people they can trust - avoiding the forum entirely (can you blame them?)

I am amazed at the depth of ill feeling here, and feel the Senate is at least partly responsible. If the Senate is designed as a forum for peace and negotiation shouldn't its members agree such when they join.

You are correct. It was the first investigation. MMB was involved...that always stirs things up, too :lol: Several of us jumped to conclusions. NExt time we should simply require that the Empire ID be listed before a discussion/investigation is even commenced.

War between Senate members is perfectly allowed. The Senate's principal aim was never to form a large defensive alliance...although...nothing would prevent the Senate from creating such a bond. Things like trade standards, protocol for first contact, boundary disputes and the like....a forum where we could roleplay and sort these types of things out. I'll readily admit that many other players aren't quite willing to invest in such an endeavor and thats fine! The Senate was created to add something positive...not create headaches for those who wanted to participate...but I see now that it was entirely unavoidable.

The edge of my words are directed to those who wish to assume the Senate completely incompetent without realizing that a mistake was made in jumping to conclusions about who was involved. MMB could have checked. *I* could have double checked...but the whole declaration of war thing was peripheral....I should have been clearer about separating the two issues.

Ok - I'm actually tired of typing right now :lol:

I promise - no more serious discussions from this flower until we get our turns at least :cheers:

Hey Locklyn, Turok...is there a seat over by you guys? Or am I too immersed in the drama to be a mere spectator at this point? I want to observe the Galreth-MMB war -- kind of like one of those war movies you watch before heading off yourself...

Damn Art imitating Life. :lol:

We stand corrected. We believed that the ammendment as written (see below) by the Logicon and Boo would actually reflect the greater atmosphere of the Galactic Senate. We humbly take back our comments about Senator Logicon's actions being out of character of the Galactic Senate and rather would ask if his actions (declaration of war on another Senate member) actually reflect the standards of the GS.

Senator Eternus -LOGION-BOO Member Territory Pact

GS BILL 062404-2-06 [as Amended]

General Purpose: To prevent unnecessary death and destruction and inadvertant hostilities regarding borders by creating a Neutral Zone Registry and establishing a system of mutual recognition of sovereign territory and common spacefaring courtesies.

This obviously is a mistake since senator logicon's actions refute the very ammendment he wrote. Maybe he should relook it or the senate should revote...Hmmm tomutual recognition and common spacefaring courtesies..We now understand that the GS means declaring war when not in contact with another empire is common courtesy.

3) Members mutually agree to publically proclaim which systems lie outside their sovereign borders and to identify to the Galactic Community the rules each race shall employ in granting other races entry into their sovereign territories. This should alert conventional travelers that they are entering sovereign territory whenever they deviate from Galactically recognized neutral zones while avoiding the problem of disclosing all of a members system names, thereby indangering the sovereignty of that member's government. In sovereign systems behind the border members may have their defense forces set to what ever state of readiness they deem appropriate.

Since Senator Logicon is a member would he please post all systems outside of his galactic recognized space. We need to make sure we can avoid them since his standards of courtesy are reflective of the Valkor alliance tactics.

We would also take exerpts from the manifesto of the GS (the so called charter) stating a desire to be peaceful and work together but that would require an entire evening of comments surrounding Senator Logicon's bizarre and random declaration of war, the "defensive alliance" of Senators and their offensive declaration of war (v. me) and Senator Valkor's clear desire to start a war versus the Eyre. Again I ask what the senate stands for and do the actions of a few rogue senators (Logicon and ilk) reflect the greater glory the Senate stands for.

More nonesense. The Collectivity was once a member of the GSL with both the Valkor Star Kingdom and the Colony. The Colony Breached its treaty obligations to the old GSL and therefore to the Benthii. By giving aide and comfort to the Pirates of Erye who are now at war with the Valkor, the GGT, and the Boo the Colony has exacerbated its wrongs against the Collectivity. Our declaration of war has nothing at all to do with the Galactic Senate. The only reason it was brought up at all in the Senate is because both the Benthii and the Colony are members.

Senator Logion, 4579

Senator Logicon...

you exeplify the inability for the Galactic Senate to acutal have qualified members. We accept your declarations of war as an example of your lack of gamesmanship...

We do not hang out with the Colonists. We do however circle your homeworld.

Best wishes in your attempts to be a "qualified" player...

This obviously is a mistake since senator logicon's actions refute the very ammendment he wrote. Maybe he should relook it or the senate should revote...Hmmm tomutual recognition and common spacefaring courtesies..We now understand that the GS means declaring war when not in contact with another empire is common courtesy.

The Eyre would not know how to find the Collectivity had it not been for aide and comfort given by the Colony. Our point stands proven and our cause for war is demonstrated to be just.

President Logion

Benthis Collective

Ok, wow, a lot of posts! Everybody anxiously waiting for turns... :thumbsup:

First of all, Phoenix Arisen, quick question, I am a Galactic Senator, I am not Eternus, are we at war? If we are, I need to get the Death Stars out of my Pocket Universe and send them after you. Just let me know. :cheers:

And as for the rest of you, of course, popcorn galore! It is free along with beer nuts and pretzels at all StarBars. We have just added a War Room to each StarBar as well. Rows and clusters of easy chairs and couches, Large screen plasma tvs everywhere to cover the war. We sent out thousands of Recording beacons, so we can all sit back in luxury and watch the wars. It'll be awesome! :thumbsup:

I'm also trying to develop a fantasy war league, but I need more information on the differenct ships involved so we can draft accurately!!! :drunk:

Ok, wow, a lot of posts! Everybody anxiously waiting for turns... :thumbsup:

First of all, Phoenix Arisen, quick question, I am a Galactic Senator, I am not Eternus, are we at war? If we are, I need to get the Death Stars out of my Pocket Universe and send them after you. Just let me know. :cheers:

And as for the rest of you, of course, popcorn galore! It is free along with beer nuts and pretzels at all StarBars. We have just added a War Room to each StarBar as well. Rows and clusters of easy chairs and couches, Large screen plasma tvs everywhere to cover the war. We sent out thousands of Recording beacons, so we can all sit back in luxury and watch the wars. It'll be awesome! :drunk:

I'm also trying to develop a fantasy war league, but I need more information on the differenct ships involved so we can draft accurately!!! :cheers:

No, PA has not declared war on you. BUT, are you sure you are NOT Etermus?

I would ask, how do you know you are not Etermus, and do you have documentation? :lol: :thumbsup: