Rolling Thunder Forums

Industrial complexes

Prospective

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hobknob,

Thanks, I'd like to get a copy of that spreadsheet. You have my email.

Ur Lord Tedric,

I'm unsure of what data goes where in your spreadsheet. I've figgured out the topmost items, such as the power plants, shipyards, etc.

However, the rest I'm confused on, though that might be my unfamiliarity with SN:ROTE.

Anyway, using Iron as an example (cells B12&13 thru F12&13)...

1) Cell B12 is where I enter the planetary yield for iron, correct?

2) Cell B13 does what?

3) Cell C12 is where I enter the number of Iron mines on planet? Correct?

4) Cell C13 calculates what about the IC's? The number to turn the iron to steel? The number of raw resources?

5) Cell D12, the note says that with next cell will calculate the number for the BI... So what 'next cell' are you referring to? And is the number of mines I'd need to build, or the number of IC's I'd need to build?

6) Cell D13 I think provides the number of Iron the amount the Iron mines on planet will produce, right?

I don't want to keep throwing out questions and overload you. So, for now, thats the extent of my questions.

Thanks for your help.

Steve

Ur Lord Tedric,

I'm unsure of what data goes where in your spreadsheet.  I've figgured out the topmost items, such as the power plants, shipyards, etc.

However, the rest I'm confused on, though that might be my unfamiliarity with SN:ROTE.

Anyway, using Iron as an example (cells B12&13 thru F12&13)...

1)  Cell B12 is where I enter the planetary yield for iron, correct?

2)  Cell B13 does what?

3)  Cell C12 is where I enter the number of Iron mines on planet?  Correct?

4)  Cell C13 calculates what about the IC's?  The number to turn the iron to steel?  The number of raw resources?

5)  Cell D12, the note says that with next cell will calculate the number for the BI...  So what 'next cell' are you referring to?  And is the number of mines I'd need to build, or the number of IC's I'd need to build?

6)  Cell D13 I think provides the number of Iron the amount the Iron mines on planet will produce, right?

I don't want to keep throwing out questions and overload you.  So, for now, thats the extent of my questions.

Thanks for your help.

Steve

:D

It's no problem, you are entirely welcome. Indeed it's well over a year since I looked at this one - my own has become far more complicated now as it includes all the Improved and Advanced detail too.

I should certainly comment that the whole idea for this type of sheet is to help manage a permanently tooled building queue. Several other sheets out there are designed for slightly different purposes including working out what you need to build for complete ship designs. You will need to decide what sort of style suits you best and tailor your spreadsheet to boot.

This one is aimed at producing the resources you use to produce completed items once you have decided how many of them you want....

Anyway.....

1) Cell B12 is where I enter the planetary yield for iron, correct?

**Yes

2) Cell B13 does what?

**This represents the total number of mines on the planet (in this case Iron Mines) if you have more than one Pop Gp (way back when we all started with 5 x Pop Gps and things were split between them - I still have more than one in use). The Mine Production is dependant on the total mines on the planet - even if sharing the planet with another empire......

3) Cell C12 is where I enter the number of Iron mines on planet? Correct?

**No, as above this is the number in the Pop Gp in question. At present you have only one Pop Gp - so this is the only place you enter a number and B13 will just mirror it.

4) Cell C13 calculates what about the IC's? The number to turn the iron to steel? The number of raw resources?

**This cell calculates the number of ICs necessary to convert Raw Resources to Iron to make sufficient necessary to obtain the amount of Iron that has been calculated in Cell D12. This adds to the total number of ICs in use at the top of the sheet.

5) Cell D12, the note says that with next cell will calculate the number for the BI... So what 'next cell' are you referring to? And is the number of mines I'd need to build, or the number of IC's I'd need to build?

**The 'next cell' is the small one to the immediate right. If you look at it you will see that it contains the calculation that determines the amount of Iron you need based upon the amount of Steel desired and the amount of Weapons - the two things that need Iron. Neither do anything to determine Mines or ICs - they are a given. This spreadsheet shows you what you can build depending on what you have available and will indicate when you are attempting too much.

6) Cell D13 I think provides the number of Iron the amount the Iron mines on planet will produce, right?

**Actually it shows the Base Production of the mines in that particular Pop Gp based upon the number on the planet - if different. I refer you back to 2 & 3

I hope this answers some of the questions.

I'd like to re-emphasise that this style is totally predicated on managing long term tooled production queues. If that's not what you want to do, then use one more appropriate, by all means modify this one, or use all of them to make whatever suites you.

What I would comment on, however, is if you'd care to wander around the calculations and formula in the spreadsheet you will find all the necessary elements to determine Power needs [even including the fix for shipyard power reported when this sheet was produced!!!], Coal & Processed Rad's for power stations, mine yield calculations and even my own ideas on the ideal number of mines needed depending on yield available......

Feel free to ask if I can help...... :thumbsup:

Chief Planner to Ur-Lord Tedric (who's been through many a trial in two years...)