Rolling Thunder Forums

Help on Attrition

Centhen

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not always true. Our Very Low has been steadily gaining population since we got there. Either there's no attrition or the reproduction more than cancels it out, because we've never seen an attirtion message on that world. We're not very good colonizers, either.

Very low is pretty easy to get around with just the initial colonization installations: City, Colonial Training Center, etc.

Domed City is an essential installation to have.

Temperature is extraordinarily difficult to deal with, even with Deep Core Heatsinks, and the like, you really had better not try to colonize anything in force that is too different from the HW temp. Attrition is ugly (believe me, I've learned some valuable lessons on this front). Temperature resistance is probably one of the most well-worth buys on a set-up.

Some other later installations are good at reducing attrition, but all are expensive to build.

Try the next system out, hopefully you'll have better luck. Unless you went down the colonizer route (plant races seem very good at colonizing) you will see a lot of "Very High" reports on your CSV's

-LX

There was a problem earlier on with cities and domed citites which Pete corrected if I remember correctly. Also Cities, Domed Cities and Subterranenan citites do stack as they each affect a small but different portion of attrition.

:alien:

/Locklyn

Very low is pretty easy to get around with just the initial colonization installations: City, Colonial Training Center, etc.

Domed City is an essential installation to have.

Temperature resistance is probably one of the most well-worth buys on a set-up.

Goes to show that those starting decisions are really important. Cold homeworld and all the planets I've so far found are cold :alien:

whats the best way to deal with a different atmosphere? domed cities? subterreanian? i've been told domed cities aren't what i think? is there anything outside fo an atmosphere changer that i can use? *desparately wants a world*

You can build either a Domed City or a Subterranean City, and an Atmosphere Exchanger, and the benefits stack. Alternatively, build a Domed City and a Subterranean City.