Rolling Thunder Forums

ANZ Failers

General Miles Avatar

Yep - that was my fault. I set up a new empire in between cycles, bad bad bad. It clears old "just got this tech" and repopulates them...but it only repopulated for the empire just set up. Slaps wrist! Don't set up empires in between cycles! Bad GM!

I'll rerun ANZ's later today - will see if I can get them out without reprinting your turns in their entirety.

You shouldnt be affected that way Krelnatt of Khan. The only thing that didnt work were the ANZ's for tech items that opened up LAST turn. if you recieved new hits and leaders bonuses THIS turn then they should stay in effect.

On a very weird note though... I had one ArchPriest on one of my positions pray to the good

the bad and the ugly gods all in one sitting. sheesh talk about shot gunning. :D

Actually three of my ANZ failed on OLD techs that I were re ANZing for checking of fixes...So something was really broken again...

Cheers

/Locklyn

I do not wish a reprint...I got good hits on the techs I wanted and we should not have to do those reprints for such errors. The ANZ should just be sent out to those involved.

/Locklyn

I think I have been very unlucky :thumbsup:

Not only did I not get the ANZs on my new items but I suffered the same problem as Eternus in that of the 17 new techs my empire confidently expected to receive this turn I got just 3, with all of the others moved back from "Final Stages" to "Nearly Completed".

So does "Final stages" now come after "Nearly Completed"? Has it always done so? Have I miscalculated my research points on these items? (possibly :D ) Has my empire lost out on research points as a result of the test empire Pete introduced and has my research bonus been affected? Not that I'm getting paranoid or anything :D

Eldred, The "#stage" name aside, did you lose or gain --´s? ie had the chart moved forward or backwards?

I got ANZ on new tech completed, not on old items I anzed to see if Pete had fixed errors pointed out though.

If you got a sweet deal on breakthroughs for once I just don't see you losing it because the GM fiddled with the code to setup empires between cycles? He should fix it on an Empire to Empire basis...

/Locklyn

Locklyn,

The chart has indeed progressed towards the right (forwards).

I got ANZ on old items but not on items which I can research.

I agree if the GM can fix problems on an empire to empire basis that this would be best. But I would like to know if and how Research may have been affected by GM fiddling.

'Nearly Completed' IS the the last stage before you actually get the technology. If you see a 'Nearly Completed' status on your Research Report that means that you get that item on the very next turn. You may get items in the 'Final Stages' if you happen to get a minor breakthrough

event with one of your scientist leaders on that turn. Ive seen that happen as well.

This is the way it has always been.