Rolling Thunder Forums

An open apology to the Collectors

We are outraged at your aggression in the Kerwen system.  Is that any way to meet an unknown alien race?  What explaination do you offer?

Honored Sir or Madam-

You are quite correct. The tragedy which took place in the Kerwin system should not have happened. I was shocked when I learned of the event. Please let me explain.

We... are an agressive race, not by choice but by nature. We take it as a matter of routine to keep our claws sharpened. Our traditions and rituals revolve around the hunt.

You will note that the ships of ours you encountered were an old design, perhaps typical of the first ships any race may send into the unknown. With no idea of what to expect, these primative ships need to be ready for literally anything.

The fleet you discovered was the first of our fleets to leave the home system in exploration. The antiquated programing of weapons systems reflects this.

But I will not tell you that the tragedy was not caused by a systems malfunction. The judgements of the leader of that expedition were clouded. She will be punished for her errors.

The combination of antiquated programming, the erronious choices of an unproven commander and our racial tendancy to consider most things prey figured into what happened.

But we desire to live in peace with those prides with territories boardering ours. The Kerwin incident was an unfortunate, isolated incident and need not color future interactions between us.

We of the Gosht Kohr seek forgiveness. We have begun to update all software programs aboard our ships in the Kerwin area in order to reflect the new universe in which we now live, with another sentient race. Our ships will hold their fire unless fired upon.

We also offer restitution, in whatever form you see fair and just, up to and including our replacing what was lost by you.

We offer this in the hopes that what has been done by us in error, may be undone. May our two races find more profitable ways of interacting.

Sha'thar

Clan Eldress

The Gosht Kohr

We are outraged at your aggression in the Kerwen system.  Is that any way to meet an unknown alien race?  What explaination do you offer?

Honored Sir or Madam-

You are quite correct. The tragedy which took place in the Kerwin system should not have happened. I was shocked when I learned of the event. Please let me explain.

We... are an agressive race, not by choice but by nature. We take it as a matter of routine to keep our claws sharpened. Our traditions and rituals revolve around the hunt.

You will note that the ships of ours you encountered were an old design, perhaps typical of the first ships any race may send into the unknown. With no idea of what to expect, these primative ships need to be ready for literally anything.

The fleet you discovered was the first of our fleets to leave the home system in exploration. The antiquated programing of weapons systems reflects this.

But I will not tell you that the tragedy was not caused by a systems malfunction. The judgements of the leader of that expedition were clouded. She will be punished for her errors.

The combination of antiquated programming, the erronious choices of an unproven commander and our racial tendancy to consider most things prey figured into what happened.

But we desire to live in peace with those prides with territories boardering ours. The Kerwin incident was an unfortunate, isolated incident and need not color future interactions between us.

We of the Gosht Kohr seek forgiveness. We have begun to update all software programs aboard our ships in the Kerwin area in order to reflect the new universe in which we now live, with another sentient race. Our ships will hold their fire unless fired upon.

We also offer restitution, in whatever form you see fair and just, up to and including our replacing what was lost by you.

We offer this in the hopes that what has been done by us in error, may be undone. May our two races find more profitable ways of interacting.

Sha'thar

Clan Eldress

The Gosht Kohr

That was very big of you Shathar :alien:

The Boo Consulate applauds the brave and forthright plea for forgiveness from the Gosht Kohr.

This tragedy underscores the necessity of sentients of good will to reconsider the reckless practice of shooting at every unknown ship that happens to pass by. If the Galaxy is ever to pull itself from the Great Dark Age we must embrace civilization and a spirt of generous reciprocity. We renew our call to the leaders of all races to consider some system whereby they might make known to others those systems which we consider sovereign and are prepared to defend with force. We also call on all leaders to refrain from issuing hostile orders to their space flocks when traveling through neutral space.

In Peace

Boo Consulate

I, Gjor'haan, called as a disciple of Gjo'jaol, Darkness of Darkness, and Shor'ha, his servant; to The Collectors, to those that have been sanctified in Darkness, disciples by calling, with all who in every place call upon Gjo'jaol for strength, yield the following:

Souls evicted from the lifeless hulls of Springers, now mute.

Pile your treasures, already lost, despite the sentry.

Kolovei to be gathered.

A Golden Acorn sown for Gjo'jaol.

Tribute without penance.

Unforgiven.

Words to felines, unworthy of their color, and a dishonor to the lives I have taken.

And the feline submits with dripping apology!

Behold the final levy.

Collect your Gods.

To the Gjor'haan;

We do not know your scent, and wonder how you can make statements to those things you know nothing about.

While the Gosht Kohr is a fierce race and our ancestors hunted by tooth and claw across broad grasslands of our homeworld, we do not kill everything we come across, nor do we automatically consider other races prey. Our ancestors teach us caution; a wound on paw or flank may end hunting for one, and the loss of one hunter may weaken the pride.

In the Collectors we've discovered another pride seeking room to hunt and raise cubs. They do not seek the same prey we do.

Prides do sometimes war when they meet each other, but they also sometimes join, strengthening from the union.

We hope this is the ultimate result of our meeting with the Collectors.

Sha'thar

Clan Eldress

The Gosht Kohr

I, Gjor'haan, called as a disciple of Gjo'jaol, Darkness of Darkness, and Shor'ha, his servant; to The Gosht Kohr , to those that have been sanctified in Darkness, disciples by calling, with all who in every place call upon Gjo'jaol for strength, yield the following:

The words, not the felines, are unworthy of their color.

From you: savage apology, not deeds.

My commanders have been praised, not punished, for the repeated destruction of the very vessels you apologize for eradicating.

Choose your ally wisely, for when we meet, Sha'thar, I will only ask for your submission to Gjo'jaol but once.

Cats both large and small, panic when faced the flood waters of Gjo'jaol's salvation.