Rolling Thunder Forums

Phase Dragon Website

PhaseDragon

Codes should import all your Set-Up ANZs and turn them blue I THINK...I would relist the text files and run it again for fun.

Glad to hear the Galaxy import went well (isn't that super friggin handy? To me thats the major timesaver :ph34r: )

Ok - I had a similar problem. First make sure your Galaxy.xls file is open just in case. After "loading Text File" click "Update Links" That SHOULD work. I had to enter in my resource yields and Hydro/Electro yields manually but no big deal there.

Hope that helps.

but I still get a runtime error 76 every time I try to get it to load the text file.

Hmmm. Try loading a file in the top slot one at a time? If its just 1 file, you can skip it and move on to the next?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I think I got past most of the major problems. do I need a seperate Popgrp file for each popgroup I have? I also got the same problem with it not automatically reading the yeilds. Also the APs for ship designs made after the startup didnt read into the charts.

Can anyone tell me how to organize the planetary information on the galaxy sheet by system instead of by what turn the geo was done on?

The trigger that turns the items to blue is whether there is a value in the Empire Number and Anz Date to the far right of the item (the last 2 columns). You will notice that the other starting items are completely described. If you want them to turn blue then just enter an EmpID and ANZ date for the item. Kind of defeats the purpose of listing the date though since this was meant to be able to trace information back to your actual turn sheets.

It will work but there are key phrases that the program searches for and branches when it finds one. You could miss a lot of data by doing this. I reccommend that you save each file individually.

• 4 weeks later...

I thought I'd give this a try but I'm stuck at the loading of turns in Codes. I have everything in the right place and rightly named but when I press the Load Text Files button I get "Error 13 Incompatible types" (Translation from my swedish error message)

What to do?

Cheers

/Locklyn

The first step is to open the files in Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or later and click:

File - Save As Text

Browse to C:\SuperNova\Text Files\ as the location to save them at.

Then use the .txt file for data loading (Example: 4851-01.txt)

Now that I have a long weekend I am downloading and installing the Empire Management Solution. I have been able to bring up Codes, Galaxy and Ship Design but when I try to get Research to load up I get a Run Time error '76' Path not found. I have the Research file in C:\SuperNova\Empire1\. I am using Excel XP on a Windows XP platform. Codes is in C:\SuperNova\. I have put in my Empire number at the top of the column at the far right. What else do i need to do?

OK I also have tried to get Popgrp to work and even if I move the Research file to C:\SuperNova\ I still get an error 76. I have entered my Empire number here too. I will also email Ed directly but if someone can shed some light on how to get the Research and Popgrp files to load, I would appreciate it.