Rolling Thunder Forums

Phase Dragon Website

PhaseDragon

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually they were already inactive when encountered so it's not a matter of my charming personality bringing them down but then again I'm a turn 0 start in the core region before the changes were made so perhaps the distances made people drop?

Good for you for being in such a region, were you a later starter when it seems players were clustered more closely?

Cheers

/Locklyn

No I'm afraid he has dropped like so many of the older players unfortunately. It seems only 1/5 positions I've come across so far is actually played. Makes my part of the universe BORING so we'll see how long I have the energy to keep juggling production queues and chasing bugs up

Cheers

/Locklyn

Disappointing that folks are dropping, but this happens.

My experience (approaching 2 years in the game, lead position just completed turn 49) with neighbors is 2 of 3 known active, uncertain as to the third one (suspect dropped).

Octus

Locklyn,

Was not implying it had anything to do with your charming personality.

I am at pulse 60 now, so about 2,5 years in the game.

I am not in since the beginning of time, but also not very far down the road.

I've met 6 empires upto now, all active. I haven't stumbled upon any dropped position yet, so no opportunity to easy take somebodies homeworld, but ample opportunity to trade and negotiate, and to build military alliances and meet enemies.

Kind regards,

AKO,

We're cool, I made that remark knowing all too well that I come across as rather negative to the game here on the boards which I am in fact not since I've spent around some 2000 dollars so far in the game and still run three Empires but I am disappointed and critical to how the game was presented initially and to what we actually got and the lack of documental development and progress feedback in the game but that is well known by now I think :drunk:

My oldest Empire has come across thirteen empires of which four are actively being played the rest seem to have been dropped or are happy refusing communications and not moving ships :cheers: Sure the homeworlds are easy pickings but it's just not as fun now is it?

Cheers and good luck in your region of space!

/Locklyn

I feel your pain Gremloid-brother. The Greater Republic of Quetzacoatl has been around since the inception of the game, explored ~8 jumps from our homeworld in all directions known to us and have found few other Empires - active or otherwise. :blink: We know we're not alone, but at least it's a peaceful and quiet, mostly uninhabited, section of space. :cheers:

-SK :o