Rolling Thunder Forums

Managing industry

athonian

If i have a top resource in the 400 range and several others... and i've built facilities according to a common formula for building...

should i build shipyards on my h-world? or should i find a different crappy resource-yield world for that purpose and devote my h-world to artful and graceful buildings....

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so. Build religious and/or military installations with the leftovers (you already built one of each science installation, right? RIGHT?).

That way you get ongoing bonuses and when you suddenly need a lot of ships you DISM those things and CON shipyards. You should probably have a few more slips right now, though.

Science installations:

Science Center Useful for Warp surveys and exploration; only 1 needed in star system; improves scientist chance

Science Institute Useful for Warp surveys and exploration; only 1 needed in star system; improves scientist chance

Science Lab Useful for Warp surveys and exploration; only 1 needed in star system; improves scientist chance

Science Outpost Useful for Warp surveys and exploration; only 1 needed in star system; improves scientist chance

Science Station Useful for Warp surveys and exploration; only 1 needed in star system; improves scientist chance

Imperial Science Outpost Useful for Warp surveys and exploration; only 1 needed in star system; improves scientist chance

Imperial Science Station Useful for Warp surveys and exploration; only 1 needed in star system; improves scientist chance

Imperial Science Center Useful for Warp surveys and exploration; only 1 needed in star system; improves scientist chance

Imperial Science Institute Useful for Warp surveys and exploration; only 1 needed in star system; improves scientist chance

Imperial Science Lab Useful for Warp surveys and exploration; only 1 needed in star system; improves scientist chance

Athonian-

I would build shipyards on an as-needed basis as Hobknob suggested. The homeworld is the best spot. You might want to save your off-world shipyard project for a system that acts as a 'forward base' - the location of which, will depend on your strategic situation.

Building installations like temples, admin centers etc: my calculations show that it only pays off too invest in maxing these out after you've accumulated a lot of leaders to increase your bonuses. Would you agree Krelnett? About turn 40 or so?

As for your sig - Phasedragon (Ed Mooney ) has been under pressure to change his sig for over a year.....it hasn't changed much :lol: :thumbsup: