Rolling Thunder Forums

Lost Ships and Pop Groups.

Lord Uriel

Yes, but it isn't easy, requiring a rework of the way the Fleet Report works.  Similar to getting cargo to mesh with the main ship listing, pesky thing.

Yes, I quite understand and sympathise with that part..... :(

In any event, new RN options would be needed to support transferring only this or that ship of such-and-such damage from here to there.  The game's already detail-heavy....but I'll look at it  :blink:

Ah - don't get me wrong here, I wasn't thinking of extra options in the RN, merely that when picking the ships that are actually RN'd the program picks the higher damaged ships first.

However.. :blink: ....hobnob makes an excellent point below - the RN, or something else, would certainly need adding to enable a split of the Fleet's Cargo! :blink:

Can't just transfer damaged ships first, as you might want to transfer some damaged and some not.  Suppose your War Cruiser was slightly damaged but your 54 Heavy Cruisers were badly damaged...and your Light Cruiser screen just arrived and isn't damaged at all.  A variety of other ships have mixed damage or no damage.  You'd need total control, which would make for an ugly RN once you have to specify damage categories.  As an aside, do you know what order is one of the absolute worst, most complicated orders in Victory! The Battle for Europe?  RN <shudders>.

Again - it was the code itself that picked the most damaged first from each shiptype, so I actually didn't see the RN order actually changing at all......

In the end - if damage is tracked individually per ship and the game has that level of detail, we need to be able to do something with it - and/or have a better understanding of how we are to repair our ships with that SCRP, -1 order....??? :unsure:

Also, I'm reworking the battle results to give even more info, and will look at the Fleet Report as well.

Well that will be brilliant! :cheers: And when you're happy with the Battle Report, may we please have the style ported to the FOB report so we can 'practice'? :unsure:

Many Thanks

Chief Warmaster to Ur-Lord Tedric

Well that will be brilliant! :cheers: And when you're happy with the Battle Report, may we please have the style ported to the FOB report so we can 'practice'? :drunk:

Yes, that would be great. Lots of little battles slows things down, and I want to get your turns done and out as fast as I can :cheers:

Use of an FOB instead of a bunch of test battles would be great from this end :huh:

Well that will be brilliant!  :cheers:  And when you're happy with the Battle Report, may we please have the style ported to the FOB report so we can 'practice'?  :cheers:

Yes, that would be great. Lots of little battles slows things down, and I want to get your turns done and out as fast as I can :cheers:

Use of an FOB instead of a bunch of test battles would be great from this end :drunk:

One happy little Chief Warmaster :huh: