Rolling Thunder Forums

Deep Core Heatsinks, do they actually work?

cestvel

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Positive Change is in Athmosphere due to Domed Colonies and Cities.

Sorry, did not mention that.

Duck readouts are from pop grp, that right.

before and after DUCK, but way past other Improvements like Domed Cities, cities and

Colonial Training Centers.

Cestvel

BTW - If my HW Temp was as low as yours I'd be giggling....

This may be a world you'd like to settle on, but we've founds loads and loads we can't.

As temperature difference does seem to be the overriding factor and dealing with it seems almost impossible with current or medium term technology, then actually trying for a low HW temp does seem to be a start-up tactic.

The temps we see seem to be reasonably realistic cosmologically, but HWs appear to be random.

In the very end, it may well be more useful to have a middle of the road HW temp, but living on asteroids is a dream for us right now....

Go find your self an asteroid with an Iron Yield of 1000+ and then enjoy yourself!

Chief Scientist to Ur-Lord Tedric

My HW temp is a bit to high for Asteroid Settling, but I find many suitable planets (up to raw medium) around the Systems (even in my Home-System I have a differnt Colony which is triving

on a now ideal formaly medium world), but due to a database error, which reported medium for

this very high attrition world (with bad attrition really kicked in after loads of colonists had gone there), I had mistakenly settled there (its an Oxygene world with all the foodstuff stingies on it).

My hope was for the DUCKs to help, but it seems, that I have to abadon this settlement for now.

Cestvel

My HW temp is a bit to high for Asteroid Settling.......

Then we beg your pardon, we thought previously that you mentioned that your HW temp was 78K???

This would mean that you should be able to live reasonably comfortably on worlds between 18K (Chilly - brrrrrr! :lol: ) and 108K.....

As all the Asteroids we've found are bewteen 45-60K we thought you'd be fine....

M2CW

The main stay of Asteroids we found has a raw CSV of high to nearly prohibitve.

Maybe it is the missing Ocean (all Asteroids have 9 dashed in Ocean for me).

Only one has moderate (which has a temperature of 55K, the other high ones are at 54K ??? with no Temperature dash in both?? The moderate has one dot more on lifeform, but from what?).

But there is no Asteroidbelt near and none of them has good mining potential.

Maybe I scan one in relation to a domed colony.

Cestvel

I have looked at all the Data I have, but I can make no sense to it.

The moderate asteroids PMAP result is:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Temperature(Kelvin) Axial Tilt Gravity Atmosphere Ocean

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

55 ---- 0.1 Vacuum -None-

Asteroids 100% (this orbital location is filled with a dense asteroid field)

Microorganisms on this world are virtually nonexistent. Pollution is nowhere to be seen, while Radiation levels are undetectable.

The high one are like these:

54 ---- 0.1 Vacuum -None-

Microorganisms on this world are relatively harmless. Pollution is not a problem, while Radiation levels are undetectable.

53 ---- 0.1 Vacuum -None-

Microorganisms on this world are virtually nonexistent. Pollution is nowhere to be seen, while Radiation levels are undetectable.

56 ---- 0.1 Vacuum -None-

The CSV shows one dot more lifefrom bonus for the moderate one, but I cannot tell a difference

to these readings to explain that.

Cestvel

I have looked at all the Data I have, but I can make no sense to it.

||||||||||||||||||

The CSV shows one dot more lifefrom bonus for the moderate one, but I cannot tell a difference

to these readings to explain that.

Cestvel

These are just PMAPs for Asteroid orbits and all look very much the same (to the best of our knowledge) except for a temperature range variation.

The information you want to look at is the CSV. We are expecting that, even thought base CSVs may say High or worse, it's not due to temperature.

Atmosphere and Ocean (plus possibly gravity) will be bad, but both of the former can be much more easily dealt with than Temperature.

Build Cities, Domed Cities, CTCs and Fluid Processors and see what happens....

M2CW

The CSVs of the Asteroids are like this:

moderate:

Atmosphere: -------------------------------------------------| (49)

Ocean: ----------| (10, now this is nuts?)

Temperature: |(0)

Gravity: |(0)

Lifeform (favorable) ..........| (10, but why?)

This Asteroid seems to have a slightly more pleasent vacuum than the others ;-o

and

high:

Atmosphere: -------------------------------------------------| (49)

Ocean: ---------|(9)

Temperature: |(0)

Gravity: |(0)

Lifeform (favorable) .........| (9)

; only bars for Atmosphere and Ocean, none for the others.

Athmosphere is the hardest problem, but why these similiar PMAP come to a moderate vs. high rating eludes me.

Cestvel

Asteroids are moderate for me as well and drop to ideal when I build the domed cities. Being cold does have it's benefits. :beer:

I have found that cold planets are rather flush with Crystals and asteroids are generally the best sources of Iron. Now if I could just get my people to reproduce faster all would be set.

I have found that cold planets are rather flush with Crystals and asteroids are generally the best sources of Iron.  Now if I could just get my people to reproduce faster all would be set.

Suggestions:

Greater tax deductions for dependents.

Reduced textile budgets, assuming you have reasonable ambient temperatures and an attractive species/genders.

Phermone research slot one every turn.

Mandatory lights out (assuming more procreation during periods of darkness).

Fertility rituals encouraged and new ones created.

Block all television except Desperate Housewifes, Sex in the City and other such programming.

Ban chaparones for all High School events and encourage overnight bus field trips.

Allow and encourage polygamy.

(Hmmm, who haven;t we offended?)

Or you could just send all your fertile population to subterranean cities in very cold colonies and provide them with NOTHING to do. This tends to generate greater procrative activity in the Northern States of the USA during January and February.

Others may have ideas while we await turn results.

Which gets me to thinking, do SNROTE players have more procreative events while awaiting turn results than immediately after receiving the results? Perhaps I should post a poll about this.....

Octus Imperium :beer:

(Traveling once again and not close to procreative partner :drunk: .....and NO, I do not frequent the sleazier side of town on such trips. :robot: Could catch something NASTY.)

Athmosphere is the hardest problem, but why these similiar PMAP come to a moderate vs. high rating eludes me.

The second is worse because proportionally speaking, the atmosphere is worse. If you scaled the 9 ocean and 9 lifeform up to the 10 of the first report, you would also have to scale their 49 atmosphere up to 53. The worseness of their situation then becomes obvious.