Rolling Thunder Forums

EB rules question

Octus Imperium

Can the EB order be used to both cancel the current production AND set up new production all at the same time?

Example

100 Construction Materials tooled and priority 100

Use the EB order to make it 1000 Standard Hull tooled and priority 100 in one order?

Thoutgh i'd ask if anyone has done this succesfully.

Octus :ranting:

This is not the way it is supposed to work so you shouldn't count on it. According to exhaustive email swaps with Pete the program is supposed to look for the priority number and the item before editing. Accordingly you are not supposed to be able to make the change mentioned above.

:D

Never had a problem doing this myself. It's always worked. Heck, if you had to actually match the priority and item, making minor changes to your queue would be costly in orders (You'd have to EB and order to 0 to remove it and BI with a new order, to do something simple like change your production of Mk II Force Shields to Mk III Force Shields).

This is not the way it is supposed to work so you shouldn't count on it. According to exhaustive email swaps with Pete the program is supposed to look for the priority number and the item before editing. Accordingly you are not supposed to be able to make the change mentioned above.

Hobknob, this is not how I read the rules. In the Orders Supplement under Edit Build order description, subsection Build Priority.

The priority order of the build in question. If there is only one build with this priority value then you may change Quantity, Item Name and Tooled status for that build. If you have multiple builds at that priority then you may only change Quantity and Tooled Status (Item Name is required the ID the proper build so it cannot be changed in this situation - accordingly using distinct build priority values is highly recommended).

Yes, that is what the rules say but not what the Great Oracle has said when asked the specific question. The question was asked when a production change got fouled up for some reason.

I am most happy to have it work that way, but when asked point blank if it did, the answer was nope.

It does require more orders to do everything and I hope that was not the reason for the answer I got, but seeing as how even small mistakes in production can have disaterous effects I have limited my changes to the method Pete described.

Please let me know if this is now fixed so I can start saving orders.

:lol:

Yes, that is what the rules say but not what the Great Oracle has said when asked the specific question. The question was asked when a production change got fouled up for some reason.

I am most happy to have it work that way, but when asked point blank if it did, the answer was nope.

It does require more orders to do everything and I hope that was not the reason for the answer I got, but seeing as how even small mistakes in production can have disaterous effects I have limited my changes to the method Pete described.

Please let me know if this is now fixed so I can start saving orders.

:lol:

I will remain conservative. Thanks for the insights! And thank GOODNESS I stepped by 10's all my build priorities. Should have been 20's, perhaps....

Octus

I will remain conservative. Thanks for the insights! And thank GOODNESS I stepped by 10's all my build priorities. Should have been 20's, perhaps....

My builds usually go by 1000's. I start my normal builds at 10000, that allows me plenty of room to supercede my normal build routine to process something for one turn. And leaves me plenty of room for error. :robot:

are turns here yet???? :beer:

This order does work and we have used it from the beginning! :beer:

Provided the Pop Gp and the Priority are used as the reference you can EB changing one or both of the Quantity or the Item....

When it all goes to pot is when you create a new build order with the same priority as an already tooled order. Then the best thing is to compose a plea to the Great Oracle and ask for one of them to be changed.....

However, if you EB, 0, xxx, PopGp, Pri, No then all (we believe) production at that priority will be removed.

BTW - this was the whole purpose behind the idea for tooled production spreadsheet that we designed a while ago and is in the file download area still. You fix resource production and then tweak ship items as you wish......

Chief Planner to Ur-Lord Tedric

My builds usually go by 1000's. I start my normal builds at 10000, that allows me plenty of room to supercede my normal build routine to process something for one turn. And leaves me plenty of room for error.

I go by 10s. However, I assigned a priority to everything I could build when I set up my production worksheet. I also created tiers so that basic materials are in one tier and items that can be made from basic materials in tier 2 and so on. That way my production flows smoothly. If I can just master the orders and use them correctly I would be in great shape :beer:

I go by 10s. However, I assigned a priority to everything I could build when I set up my production worksheet. I also created tiers so that basic materials are in one tier and items that can be made from basic materials in tier 2 and so on. That way my production flows smoothly. If I can just master the orders and use them correctly I would be in great shape :drunk:

I do something similar, but still find that if I don't really check what I type into the order problem then production mistakes happen.

My numbers are right, my tpying jsut geos bad!

I do something similar, but still find that if I don't really check what I type into the order problem then production mistakes happen.

My numbers are right, my tpying jsut geos bad!

I do the same thing. I am always tarsnpsoing letrtes. I have a whole order entry process that I go through to double check my turns before sending them in. I may not catch every error but I find there are always a few mistakes I have made.