Rolling Thunder Forums

Denver Meeting

MadMartinB

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6:30 PM opn Wed the 29th at Dave & Busters (I-25/Colorado)

So Far:

MadMartin

S'lassss

T'Lariss

Mu-Ro

Krelnett

eternus

Pete may show up...

Am I missing anyone?

MY CELL: 719-233-0209 I will have it with me so call if you get lost in D&B. Possible movie at 8 or 9 for those inclined.

Very well. Eternus explained the failures of the PA...I explained why I was the good guy, several ex GSL players brought their star maps (wow Lars I did not know how close you were....) and some new players physically stole information (Eternus had some wierd grey binder and it disappeared)..

Fun all around..We actually closed D&B down at midnight.

I had a great time. I hadn't seen T'Lariss in a long time and it was nice to put faces to the names of everyone else.

I'm looking forward to future meetings.

Martin is obviously a bright guy who enjoys his role in the game thus far and it was interesting to see how his mind works in person.

No long tirades on my part towards the PA, though....no missing binder (a SN II story to that effect that remains a mystery 15 years later)....no large GSL Maps :o

Sorry we missed you Krelnett. I think we discussed a possible Ghengis-Con meeting?

Overall a lot of food and good conversation. :ranting:

These meetings always add fun to a game of this magnitude.

Sorry we missed you Krelnett.  I think we discussed a possible Ghengis-Con meeting?

Absolutely! I'll be there the whole weekend. Role-playing, mostly, though I'll be playing StarFleet Battles :unsure: Friday night (Hey, Martin: there's a race called Orion Pirates :pirate2: ) and running my Munchkin campaign Thursday night, Friday morning and Midnigh Saturday morning. :o

Oh, and for those of you with SOs who don't like you gaming around Valentine's Day :ranting: , Genghis falls the weekend after the 14th this year, on the long Presidents' Day :blink: weekend.

Use to do the conventions. Make make this one. When I went (years ago) I RPed and played KingMaker. Won 4 or 5 conventions worth of Kingmaker tournaments.

SF was/is a great game. went out of control on the rules and turned into a rules game vs fun but 20+ years ago we use to run huge campaigns...

<---- Tholian player

Use to do the conventions. Make make this one. When I went (years ago) I RPed and played KingMaker. Won 4 or 5 conventions worth of Kingmaker tournaments.

SF was/is a great game. went out of control on the rules and turned into a rules game vs fun but 20+ years ago we use to run huge campaigns...

<---- Tholian player

I bet if one of brought a Diplomacy game we'd have a real good chance of snaring Pete :o

Kingmaker?

Awesome. Thats one of my favorite table top games of all time. Its been a couple years. I'd be happy to play a game of Kingmaker if we can get a few more players.

I'm also up for the Civ/Advanced Civ games.

I bet if one of brought a Diplomacy game we'd have a real good chance of snaring Pete :ranting:

Kingmaker?

Awesome.  Thats one of my favorite table top games of all time.  Its been a couple years.  I'd be happy to play a game of Kingmaker if we can get a few more players.

I'm also up for the Civ/Advanced Civ games.

Sorry I couldn't make it to the Wednesday meeting. Didn't feel all that great and decided that drinking beer and staying up late wasn't such a great idea :unsure:

Mmmm....Diplomacy. Cut my teeth on that game. If my Dad hadn't bought me a an original edition game of Dip waaaay back when, I'd probably have some normal job :o