Rolling Thunder Forums

Energy Sapper Creature Knowledge

Kahless

No unusual.

"Hidden Vault: A secured storage device that once belonged to an ancient alien empire"

Sometimes I wonder how much of SN I is still in the code. I remember finding Hidden Vaults in that game and you would perform Special Orders in order to open them. I think a couple of people actually got them opened and found something but it has been such a long time that my memory is faulty. Fact is I dont even remember my Empire's name from that time. :angry2:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the one thing about exploration thats a way different then the old SN. Finding something

in SN opened up options to further explore that item. In SN:ROTE this option is no more it seems

That Energy Sapper Beast knowledge hit is very rare it seems since after over 2 years of steady

exploring we have found nearly every other conceivable expore hit except that one.

That Energy Sapper Beast knowledge hit is very rare it seems since after over 2 years of steady

exploring we have found nearly every other conceivable expore hit except that one.

Well if you got a hit, how would you exploit it? As I have not heard of anyone with the tech or ability, I don't know if a explore hit would be usable.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone found anything out of the usual Mk x Item or tech hit with explores? It was said in the beginning that there could be special hits but I've never heard of anyone finding anything?

Cheers

/Locklyn

Has anyone found anything out of the usual Mk x Item or tech hit with explores? It was said in the beginning that there could be special hits but I've never heard of anyone finding anything?

Cheers

/Locklyn

Not certain what you mean. Do you mean finding an item, a material good, of real high tech? Or, just learning a little about some advanced tech?

I mean anything other than getting an Item (max adequate rating)

Technology hit (very small point gain nowadays)

or warp point information

Has there in other words been anyone that has found anything deeper gamewise with EXPL, something that can be acted upon like special finds of old or just something extraordinary in these three years?

Cheers

/Locklyn

Has there in other words been anyone that has found anything deeper gamewise with EXPL, something that can be acted upon like special finds of old or just something extraordinary in these three years?

Cheers

/Locklyn

Locklyn- what's extraordinary?

I've only had some tech finds and some weird tech hits.

Cheers

/Locklyn

Hmmmm ... Well, I did find Heavy Sonic Disruptors (Good rating), Light Fusion Blasters (Good), and a couple other Good rated items. But, I found them in the last couple of turns. I just shifted all my Explore fleets from the sucked dry exploration worlds to new more fertile plains. And the hits are pouring in on the techs once more (even if random). Perhaps the combination of your tech levels + overall exploration status of a world = max rating found? Not sure. Of course I did find a Fusion Transwarp Drive on a world long ago, even while everyone was still working towards Nuclear Transwarp Drives. That might be a "special" find, but I'm not sure.

I will also add that I had an advanced neutral join via diplomacy, and got a pile of Mk I Antimatter engines and some Type B Plasma Torpedos (Superior).

But .. I have not found anything I can truly act on .. to explore in a deeper way. And nothing extra special. (And, despite enough prayers to the gods to bend the fabric of space time ... nothing from the religons either ... sigh).

Cheers

/Locklyn

Hmmm....many moons ago my old empire came found an alien ship with an EXPL order which was added to our fleet list. It didn't have any fancy components tho.