Rolling Thunder Forums

Changing Mission Class

Prospective

It was discussed on a recent game turn by Pete in the comments section. Here is the relevent text from that turn:

The NUD (Naval Unit Design) order can be used to alter the Mission Class of an existing ship, surface fortress or orbital

installation design. Issue an NUD with the same name as an existing design and the order will change that design's Mission

Class to that indicated in the NUD. The NUD order will no longer rename new ship designs with the '-A' series if you issue

an NUD with a design name already in use; instead, it will alter Mission Class.

Thanks Ali, I knew I saw it somewhere but it was driving me crazy where. One further related question that perhaps only Pete can answer (unless someone has already done it successfully and can pass that knowledge on);

Let's say I have a starship called "Alpha" and it is originally has a mission class of N (Non-combatant). In order to change it to a mission class of A (Assault), I would issue the NUD command, use the name Alpha and assign it a mission class of "A".

However, do I fill in any of the other fields? Or do I only fill in those two fields (Name and Mission Class)?

Thanks.

Thanks Ali, I knew I saw it somewhere but it was driving me crazy where.  One further related question that perhaps only Pete can answer (unless someone has already done it successfully and can pass that knowledge on);

Let's say I have a starship called "Alpha" and it is originally has a mission class of N (Non-combatant).  In order to change it to a mission class of A (Assault), I would issue the NUD command, use the name Alpha and assign it a mission class of "A".

However, do I fill in any of the other fields?  Or do I only fill in those two fields (Name and Mission Class)?

Thanks.

I don't ahve direct experience but if I read the statement carefully I would say that you don't have to reinput all of the information, just the name and mission class.