Rolling Thunder Forums

OT: London

RTGRuss

I just wanted to take a moment to extend my prayers and best wishes to our British friends and fellow gamers in light of today's terrorist attack in London. You are in my thoughts today and I sincerely hope that all of you, and your loved ones, are safe and secure. I have only seen the early reports but it brings back terrible memories of 9/11 and I can only hope that the loss of life is minimal.

Take care my friends,

Russ

I repete the sentiments of Russ. With the internet making this world of ours much smaller, this attack could hit much closer to home than we might realize. I know That one member of our our gaming comunity is ok. I pray there are no more losses than that which has already been suffered. And for those that have lost Loved ones. I wish a quick recovery for those injured, And Justice for all those responcible. (I'm thinking a M-80 firecracker up the arse should do fine. it's the equivalent of a 1/4 stick of dinomite)

Having worked the counteerterrorism and war crimes issues for quite a while now, I must say that while I am not stunned that the attack occurred against a stallwart ally, I must say that I am truly saddened by the loss of some many from such a wonderful land. Having had an opportunity to talk with senior dimplomatic members from Afghanistan (post-Taliban), I can see more clearly the challenges that the leaders of the countries which prove to be breeding grounds for the terrorist/foe. I have only redoubled my efforts to do my duty as a US citizen to stay vigilant (especially on the Metro) and pay close attention to the rhetoric of US politicians who do not seem to fully grasp the threat that these terrorists pose. I will continue to support those who are running for office only those candidates (from any side of the spectrum) who DEMONSTRATE a genuine understanding of the threat that radical Islam presents. Again, RADICAL Islam. Wahhabism, Sufism, madrassas... all must be watched for their radicalization of the young minds of Muslims everywhere.

r/

S

We spent 30 years under the threat of random bombings and this one will not deter the British people or there way of life.

It took the IRA 70 or so years to realise violence does not solve a problem, a problem born some 300 years before and it is still far from solved.

It may well take another 3 to 4 hundred years before this problem is resolved and peace is restored, if it does, the British people will still be here.

Violence by any one faction against another cannot be condoned and we should all learn the lessons of History because violence and tyrany has never prevailed.