Rolling Thunder Forums

New units..old topic

Takeda

The idea of new units was bounced around a bit on the old boards so I thought I would bring it up again....

New Units for Victory.

Along the lines of the AIR 40 it would be fun to see..

....an armored cavalry regiment. small but with an smr of 3. don't want to waste that PZIII on a risky ATC..send in the scouts!

....an anti-aircraft artillery regiment which is mobile.

....a marine regiment. for all those small islands you wanted to occupy.

I wonder how difficult it would be to add a few units or even if it is possible at all??

Comments? :P

The idea of new units was bounced around a bit on the old boards so I thought I would bring it up again....

New Units for Victory.

....an armored cavalry regiment. small but with an smr of 3. don't want to waste that PZIII on a risky ATC..send in the scouts!

Most people I know, use a MECH division (or two) to do that. Besides; 6 LDB's would stop the CAV regiment cold, if it were 'green'.

Now that would be inetersting. I'd be happy if it were divisional size, even.

Which one(s) are those? And why would any one want to? Besides, see my previous comment about LDB's. Nine would be required, in this case (I am assuming people do not send in 'green' MARINE divisions on amphibous assaults, of course.).

I wonder how difficult it would be to add a few units or even if it is possible at all??

Comments? :o

I'm afraid your barking up the wrong tree, somewhat. I read somewhere, that there will not be any code or game changes to Victory!

However: There was an old thread dealing with Victory! II, at one point. As far as I know, there's still a possibility of that happening. You might get better response(s), in trying to resurect that one.

Edit: Okay, Takeda. I found it. Try posting in there.

Russ will probably take notice... :P

Yes, a few LDBs would stop both the marine regiment and the cav regiment, but I was thinking more along the lines of flexibility especially early in the game.

A marine regiment would reduce the economic costs of an amphibious assault. No need to waste SHIP points on 35 transports (and GEN) when a much smaller force would give you the option.

An AIR 40 can be stopped by LDBs, but it still seems to provide some flexibilty to players. It is being used. I suggest that a marine regiment would work in a similar role.

Takeda

New Units for Victory.

Most people I know, use a MECH division (or two) to do that. Besides; 6 LDB's would stop the CAV regiment cold, if it were 'green'.

Now that would be inetersting. I'd be happy if it were divisional size, even.

Which one(s) are those? And why would any one want to? Besides, see my previous comment about LDB's. Nine would be required, in this case (I am assuming people do not send in 'green' MARINE divisions on amphibous assaults, of course.).

Comments? :drunk:

I'm afraid your barking up the wrong tree, somewhat. I read somewhere, that there will not be any code or game changes to Victory!

However: There was an old thread dealing with Victory! II, at one point. As far as I know, there's still a possibility of that happening. You might get better response(s), in trying to resurect that one.

Edit: Okay, Takeda. I found it. Try posting in there.

Russ will probably take notice... :beer: