Rolling Thunder Forums

One Way Warp Points

kukri65

If the fleet that got stack is in a system with planets, XEXPL is a way to open a WP in this system.

Do it at a planet in the system. If you get an EXPL hit for a WP connection it will be most likely one in *this* system. I hat it happen two times already.

In explored systems you will get a random WP connection which you will most likely never will see or use in your game time :blink:

Before I learned better Jump Survey Sensors, my "Scout" Ships were actually mini-colonizers. They had the "best" JSS I knew - which were Mk IIs - but they also had space for 3 Colonists and enough Construction Materials to build an Astronomical Observatory, Imperial Science Station and a [regular] Science Station, plus room for 20 Colony Beacons.

Since any Population below 10 doesn't really suffer from Attrition, a size 3 Colony was pretty much immune to the ravages of any planet, asteriod, moon or gas giant. :blink:

Thus, if a planetary system had Class D or worse warp points, I'd plant the Science Colony on a planetary body before I surveyed those warp points. Even with only one Mk II JSS, I could SURV all Class D and E points, and some Class Fs. Add a second Mk II JSS, or better, an Explorer leader, I could get all of the Class Fs, I found. :blink:

Of course, this helps you not at all, if you're stuck in a Nexus system. :cheers:

FWIW,

-SK :ph34r:

NOTE: Once I got to Mk IV Jump Survey Sensors, Transwarp Drives and better Engines, I stopped using the Science Colony solution. :rolleyes: