Rolling Thunder Forums

Trade Mechanics

RTGRuss

Here's my two cents worth:

I say trade should be allowed ONLY via Pop Group to the orbiting cargo vessel. Then you wouldn't need to set down a Colony Beacon to set up a pop group, and build a TR and all that other stuff. All you need are one or two orders, depending on how you do it.

The Seller could issue an OC order to a specific fleet in orbit (which should include the empires number too, just in case you have two or more of the same fleet number orbiting the planet.

OR B)

You would need two new orders (one for the Seller and one for the Buyer).

The Seller's order would be something like this:

TOC (Trade Offload Cargo), X Items, Y Items, etc... to Empire XXXX, Password ABC.

(Password would be a security feature between both trading players).

The Buyer's order would be something like this:

TLC (Trade Load Cargo), X Items, Y Items, etc... from Empire XXXX, Password ABC.

For the Seller, this would allow him/her to store that Empire's cargo separate from their own Stockpile.

For the Buyer, this would allow him/her to send whatever fleet they want, when they want and pick it up, as long as they know the password.

Ok, so that was more than two cents. :lol: Just a thought. Have fun. :python:

Lt. Mop -- Sir, we have a problem.

Cpt. Top -- Yes Lt., what is it?

Lt. Mop -- Sir, the crew has received your order to transfer 100 units of Light Drones to the 3rd Battle group to replace recent losses. We wish to report that we will be unable to carry out the transfer order.

Cpt. Top -- What is the problem Lt.?!

Lt. Mop -- Sir, we do not know how to transfer materials to other ships while in space.

Cpt. Top -- Lt., just last cycle we transferred 50 Advanced space interceptors to an allied Dahak cruiser.

Lt. Mop -- Yes Sir. We do know how to open the cargo holds on allied ships, and they know how to open ours. So we can transfer materials to alien ships. But we lack the knowledge on how to open our own ships doors preventing us from trading with out own ships.

Cpt. Mop -- <rubbing bridge of his noses> Valchek give me strength. SO how in the world did we get the cargo hold loaded with stuff?

Lt. Mop -- The cargomasters on each planet know how to open and close the doors on our ships, so they can offload and onload cargo.

Cpt. Top -- And have you ever asked the cargomasters about how they do this so we can do so in space?

Lt. Mop -- We are not allowed to ask Sir. That would result in a union grievence and the cargomasters have a very strong union.

Cpt. Top -- Maybe we could have a cargomaster on the ship for while we travel?

Lt. Mop -- Sorry sir, the union rates and overtime would likely bankrupt the military if that was standard practice.

Cpt. Top -- Would it do me any good if I ordered you to Keel-haul youself Lt.?

Lt. Mop -- No sir. I do not know how to open doors hence I could not leave the ship.

Sorry Laserwolf .. I guess RTG could do something like you suggest. And in a game, there can be strange things for balance purposes. Still, as the above implies, it feels so wrong.