Rolling Thunder Forums

Colonists

Prospective

Hi guys,

I've gotten ahold of an advanced neutral and I'm curious about something. If I was to execute a CTRN order at the advanced neutral, could I load them onboard my colony ship, transport them elsewhere, and drop them in one of my pop groups? Or would I be forbidden since they are not my pops originally?

Also, what happens if I capture another empire's colony and that colony has Colonists in the planetary Stockpiles of that world? Can I load them onto my colony ships, transport them to one of my worlds and drop them in my pop centers even tho they weren't created in one of my pop groups?

Thanks.

As I understand it, once a pop unit is turned into a colonist it forgets where it came from.

So, have fun colonizing. :wub:

Hi guys,

I've gotten ahold of an advanced neutral and I'm curious about something. If I was to execute a CTRN order at the advanced neutral, could I load them onboard my colony ship, transport them elsewhere, and drop them in one of my pop groups? Or would I be forbidden since they are not my pops originally?

Also, what happens if I capture another empire's colony and that colony has Colonists in the planetary Stockpiles of that world? Can I load them onto my colony ships, transport them to one of my worlds and drop them in my pop centers even tho they weren't created in one of my pop groups?

Thanks.

I think the CTRN order includes a DNA re-sequencer that metamorphosis’s all life forms into your own life form. When you load them on your colony ship, they suddenly can fit in the bunks, drink the water, etc.

The transmorgifier is built into every colonial training center. POP steps in and is coverted into easy to store dodecahedron shapes for easy transport and storage (ever wonder why Colonists or Bearthings need no food concentrates???). Once you get to the desired location, even if it's one of your own colonies on the same exact planet, you can offload these stored items to the colony. As the dodecahedrons are transported, they go through the detransmorgifier, and are reformed into useful POP. Unfortunately, the only DNA model built into the detransmorgifier comes from your own species. Or maybe this was done on purpose. It is rather fun to reshape alien POP in your own image, if you have a god like complex that is.

Note that I have used this technique myself on a small scale, changing over a few thousand captured colonials (not just neutrals mind you, other captured player races). And once converted they easily integrated with other colonists I had from my own race. Very useful this is.

I think the CTRN order includes a DNA re-sequencer that metamorphosis’s all life forms into your own life form. When you load them on your colony ship, they suddenly can fit in the bunks, drink the water, etc.

The transmorgifier is built into every colonial training center. POP steps in and is coverted into easy to store dodecahedron shapes for easy transport and storage (ever wonder why Colonists or Bearthings need no food concentrates???). Once you get to the desired location, even if it's one of your own colonies on the same exact planet, you can offload these stored items to the colony. As the dodecahedrons are transported, they go through the detransmorgifier, and are reformed into useful POP. Unfortunately, the only DNA model built into the detransmorgifier comes from your own species. Or maybe this was done on purpose. It is rather fun to reshape alien POP in your own image, if you have a god like complex that is.

Note that I have used this technique myself on a small scale, changing over a few thousand captured colonials (not just neutrals mind you, other captured player races). And once converted they easily integrated with other colonists I had from my own race. Very useful this is.

Does your transmogrifier look like a Disco Belt with a circle of flashing lights? :D

-SK :ranting: