Rolling Thunder Forums

Navy in Port

The From

What happens when you have a naval force in a port city and you loose the city? Does the navy get captured and destroyed the same way an air force does?

No, it doesn't. It will flee to the adjacent seazone and await new orders. Only hope is that this navy will have enough fuel onboard.......

Thanks, I couldn't find the reference in the rules anywhere.......do you know this from experience or having it happen or from reading the rules somewhere (if so, can you point me to the section of the rules)?

What happens when you have a naval force in a port city and you loose the city? Does the navy get captured and destroyed the same way an air force does?

No, it doesn't. It will flee to the adjacent seazone and await new orders. Only hope is that this navy will have enough fuel onboard.......

Thanks, I couldn't find the reference in the rules anywhere.......do you know this from experience or having it happen or from reading the rules somewhere (if so, can you point me to the section of the rules)?

I know this from experience.

1. the attacker who took the port city didn't gain in enemy SHIP destroyed (no ships destroyed).

2. the known naval forces were found in the adjacent seazone in the same turn.

I am not sure it's in the rules somewhere, don't think it is.

Hello The From,

The above answers are correct. When you capture an enemy portcity, all present naval forces will be placed in the adjoining seazone. This transfer costs NO fuel!!!

Also, The navalforces will try to take along present navalcommanders...

Hope this helps,

Norbert

Yes some thing to watch out for as well is if there is a enemy naval force waiting in the sea zone out side the city. Your force will have to fight.

Yes some thing to watch out for as well is if there is a enemy naval force waiting in the sea zone out side the city. Your force will have to fight.

Pointman,

It is something to keep in mind... although I am not sure if an interdict will be triggered...

This will be something to try out in the game itself...

Norbert

Norbert,

Interdict will go off because the navy force is entering the sea zone. I have seen this happen to my enemies. In game 72.

Pointman

Norbert,

You can also put a OMN NSD mission after taking the port and you may pick up some more kills.

Not only that you can do an OMA, MS to the sea zone and finish off the ship as well and there are a few more if you thing about it.

But they work well with good planing.

Pointman

• 1 month later...

Many thanks for this info from me as well! :laugh:

I couldn't find it in the manual as well but its good to know

what happens to the ships because I conquered 3 port cities already

but never found any ships. I cant imagine that there have been none...