Rolling Thunder Forums

HAA, LAA & LDBs

Cain

Hi Everyone. Im fairly new to this game, only playing in 79 and 80 so a questions. How good are HAA, LAA & LDBs in provinces and cities.

Is there a formula to work out what is needed to suppress these defenses and while I'm on the subject. Frontiers :D behind defenses they are like wood worms, damm hard to get rid.

Cain,

Fixed defenses definatly have their place in this game and can be effective. But if you are playing a big country don't get carried away building alot of ldb everywhere as it can take its toll on your treasury. Fortify your largely populated port cities like Amsterdam. Never stop buiding chab there. If a navy is large enough 200 chab will be defeated. A small troop garrison with 1500 ldb is sufficient. You can also support your chab with ami targeting lw.

If I have a large airbase that will stay in that city for a good part of the game I will build laa in the city every turn. I have had 3000 laa in a city and it will shoot down between 1-2 bombers groups by itself. Also put one regiment of laa and haa in the provinces you have fighter cover over. This seems to help the fighters pick up incoming aircraft better.

I only put ldb in provinces of my country that border a possible hostile nation, and only 25. That allows you to see what came across the border if you are attacked. Also a few hundred ldb in your main cities to protect from air assaults.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Everyone. Im fairly new to this game, only playing in 79 and 80 so a questions. How good are HAA, LAA & LDBs in provinces and cities.

Is there a formula to work out what is needed to suppress these defenses and while I'm on the subject. Frontiers :angry2: behind defenses they are like wood worms, damm hard to get rid.

You need some LDbs in your aic 1 cities. Depending on what tech you're fighting against will decide the number. Protect against air drops. 6/150 ldbs will defeat a line air 40. You'll need more to stop an air 39, of course.