Rolling Thunder Forums

Happy New Year - 2008

Octus Imperium

Thought I'd get a jump on the crowd and wish everyone a Happy New Year! More than half the world's geography is already in 2008 as I write this! So those of you already sleeping off the celebration, this is a tad late. But for most of the players I suspect, this is early. (These time zones give me a headache. And the interstellar and realtivistic calculations I leave to the math wizards and third graders.)

Anyway, a couple resolutions I hope to NOT break!

1 - Reduce the number of turn entry errors to 1 every third turn.

2 - Never EVER type 91 when I ment 97.....to the keyboard and type it 1,000 times correctly now

3 - For every open convoy order there will be a close order

4 - At the right place!

5 - Every starship design that has a NTWD, FTWD or Jump Drive will have fuel tankage

6 - And enough tankage!

7 - Every new colony will have coal in the FIRST shipment

8 - I will start my turns before Tuesday!

Now, for Pete's sake, I have a resolution for all you war mongers out there! He needs his sleep every other Friday night, you know.

Repeat after me: "I will keep all my battles small" "I will keep all my battles small" "I will not attack Octus" I will keep all my battles small" "I will keep all my battles small"

Don't you feel better now? I do.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all! :cheers::drunk:

Octus

:thumbsup:

Thought I'd get a jump on the crowd and wish everyone a Happy New Year! More than half the world's geography is already in 2008 as I write this! So those of you already sleeping off the celebration, this is a tad late. But for most of the players I suspect, this is early. (These time zones give me a headache. And the interstellar and realtivistic calculations I leave to the math wizards and third graders.)

Anyway, a couple resolutions I hope to NOT break!

1 - Reduce the number of turn entry errors to 1 every third turn.

2 - Never EVER type 91 when I ment 97.....to the keyboard and type it 1,000 times correctly now

3 - For every open convoy order there will be a close order

4 - At the right place!

5 - Every starship design that has a NTWD, FTWD or Jump Drive will have fuel tankage

6 - And enough tankage!

7 - Every new colony will have coal in the FIRST shipment

Now, for Pete's sake, I have a resolution for all you war mongers out there! He needs his sleep every other Friday night, you know.

Repeat after me: "I will keep all my battles small" "I will keep all my battles small" "I will not attack Octus" I will keep all my battles small" "I will keep all my battles small"

Don't you feel better now? I do.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all! :cheers::drunk:

Octus

:thumbsup:

Those resolutions sound good to me. Happy New Year. :cheers:

Is that the Tuesday before the Wednesday they are due? Or the Tuesday one week earlier??? If you wait til the day before to start, I can see you breaking another couple resolutions on your list as you rush. :thumbsup:

Let's say I've started on both Tuesdays....lol