Rolling Thunder Forums

late turns

Lostworlds

I was just wondering if we send in on turns in on thursday does that mean we do not get to process our turns or is it an autoturn. in the past it was allowed but i guess things have changed. Its happened to me twice just want to make sure.

I was just wondering if we send in on turns in on thursday does that mean we do not get to process our turns or is it an autoturn. in the past it was allowed but i guess things have changed. Its happened to me twice just want to make sure.

I suspect that if Pete can squeeze it in on Thursday morning, he will do it. Otherwise, it's an autoturn. Just my recollection of past threads.

Octus

I suspect that if Pete can squeeze it in on Thursday morning, he will do it. Otherwise, it's an autoturn. Just my recollection of past threads.

Octus

True. Russ often sends out a mail ahead of time giving a person one last chance to get in before Pete starts processing. Sort of a check to make sure nothing was lost in the mail. I've received such mails over the years, typically when I've gotten sick and decided not to do anything on the turns. I like that level of service, of caring for the player. Very nice.

Of course there are a few very dedicated players out there who keep insisting Pete should start processing and cut-off turns the microsecond past midnight on Wednesday Night/Thursday morning. Just so they can be guarenteed turns are received on Friday. SO ... never mention you sent your turn in late. It just gets them angry and ranting. :beer:

Octus

True. Russ often sends out a mail ahead of time giving a person one last chance to get in before Pete starts processing. Sort of a check to make sure nothing was lost in the mail. I've received such mails over the years, typically when I've gotten sick and decided not to do anything on the turns. I like that level of service, of caring for the player. Very nice.

Of course there are a few very dedicated players out there who keep insisting Pete should start processing and cut-off turns the microsecond past midnight on Wednesday Night/Thursday morning. Just so they can be guarenteed turns are received on Friday. SO ... never mention you sent your turn in late. It just gets them angry and ranting. :)

I have also benefit from Russ sending reminder emails if a turn was not in. Had at least one lost in the ether experience and this was most helpful. Plus they do make a couple extra scheckles when orders are submitted. But still, exceptional customer service that I think is primarily an interest in the player having a good experience.

BTW, those folks who like firm rules really do need to rant now and then, don't you know. Otherwise, they just explode!

:beer: