Rolling Thunder Forums

Another Dumb Question

chairman lar

Okay, after having my mind destroyed with Installation Applications; I found this while trying to find relief:

'7 Clans of Una' Post #9 & 10 brought up the issue of 'split' fuel. I did a little research and found that 'way back when' I started RN my Pathfinders, I wound up with 7200 fuel in 3600 tankage, then 6000 in 1200. Scrapping took place before I really noticed this; but somehow or other I still have one lost in space with 2376 out of 1200 fuel. :robot:

Since I can't find any formula for a 2 or 3 to 1 ratio of fuel to tankage; Can someone provide a simple explanation of how a ship can have twice as much fuel as fuel tanks? :pirate2::o

I mean something within the game perameters; not 'condensed' or 'instant, just add water' fuel, 'expandable, mnemonic tankage', or other flights of fancy; until we get to the 'colonists need diapers' stage [yeah, look that one up]. :P:thumbsup:

Since I can't find any formula for a 2 or 3 to 1 ratio of fuel to tankage; Can someone provide a simple explanation of how a ship can have twice as much fuel as fuel tanks? :o:unsure:

Via the Mk I Bug technology. Pete doesn't talk aobut it much for fear that microsoft will try to sue him for patent infringement.

It is the same technology that fields 5000 Attack Fighters without any Fighter Bays.

This Bug technology is really powerful.

Why do I feel another headache coming on? :robot:

This MkI Bug Tech wouldn't, by any chance, be the predecessor of the Variable Interferance System Turmoil Application they're so proud of; would it??? :robot:

I suppose I'll be happy knowing, if I ever reach that lost fleet, I won't need to bring a tanker with me! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the input, time to .... Orderly!! More Intractable Logic Acceptance - Quickly!!!! :P:pirate2::o

It is the same technology that fields 5000 Attack Fighters without any Fighter Bays.

But it's also quite random in it's effect. For example I had a troop transport that consistently could only load half of the load it should, when it felt like it. Sometimes it all loaded, other times, ehhh, the dock workers were busy I guess. Pete would fix it, and move troops around in the database, only to have it happen again for no apparent reason. I always hope he eventually squashed this bug.

But it's also quite random in it's effect. For example I had a troop transport that consistently could only load half of the load it should, when it felt like it. Sometimes it all loaded, other times, ehhh, the dock workers were busy I guess. Pete would fix it, and move troops around in the database, only to have it happen again for no apparent reason. I always hope he eventually squashed this bug.

How many troop berthings did the fleet have?

Why do I feel another headache coming on? :robot:

This MkI Bug Tech wouldn't, by any chance, be the predecessor of the Variable Interferance System Turmoil Application they're so proud of; would it??? :o

I suppose I'll be happy knowing, if I ever reach that lost fleet, I won't need to bring a tanker with me! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the input, time to .... Orderly!! More Intractable Logic Acceptance - Quickly!!!! :P:pirate2::robot:

No, I guess its more related to the Variable Base Appliaction or the ACCelerated Ejection Source System.

:robot: