Rolling Thunder Forums

Split stack and attack same turn???

Landmine

Maybe I am missing some subtle nuance in the rules. I see no order to split a stack up into two armies and attack in two differnt directions. Am I missing something? Does some experience player have some way to accomplish such a relatively simple attack(s)?

Landmine,

You can not split an army and attack two different targets. ;)

You can split an army, moving one to a location you own, then attack with the remaining divisions. :D

Splitting and attacking with multiple parts of an army, are not in this version of Victory. Might be included in Version 2, due out before halley's comet returns...... :)

Keeps you from attacking and taking too much ground in one turn. Prolonging the fight and the game.

Hopefully this answers your question

DezertCamel :blink:

Landmine,

You can not split an army and attack two different targets. :mellow:

You can split an army, moving one to a location you own, then attack with the remaining divisions. ;)

Splitting and attacking with multiple parts of an army, are not in this version of Victory. Might be included in Version 2, due out before halley's comet returns...... :blink:

Keeps you from attacking and taking too much ground in one turn. Prolonging the fight and the game.

Hopefully this answers your question

DezertCamel :cheers:

I'm sure you'll find the fact that a 'Coastal Bombardment' cannot be used against troops in a coastal city and some of the 'Amphibious' gyrations equally frustrating. ^_^

My Humpback friend is right in his analysis, and we eagerly await the Comet's return. :D

Any more questions, feel free to ask; your enemies may not be responsive, but their enemies certainly will be! :thumbsup:

:):cheers:

Russ Norris once told me the original Victory program was written on an ancient computer with very limited memory resources, so possibilities such as splitting an Army into several Corps that all attack in different directions

couldn't be supported. I believe he also told me once this is manifested too in the way retreat paths are handled, and likely in many other ways also that I either don't remember at the moment or have never encountered.

If we ever see Victory II I'm hoping we see Pacific theater action in addition to European theater. Japanese tech would be pretty cool too.

Race Pilsner