Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 90 Starting...

RTGRuss

Hi Guys,

The Game 90 setup results went out in the early hours of the morning on the 12th so those of you in the game should have them now :thumbsup:

The first turn is eligible on November 26th (note that I normally backdate all first turns to Day 1 of the first turn cycle since the production multiple doesn't go into effect until the second turn cycle - so, if you need a little extra time on the first turn that's ok, you can get in a little late and still have your turn processed with a Day 1 processing date). Remember that Game 90 is a 14-day interval game (affects production multiple calculations for later turns).

Note: Check your privacy option and contact info (for RNA purposes) on your results and let me know if there are any changes that need to be made before the first turns start to process. Also check your tech selection and make sure it is correct - I can change it before the game starts but once turns start to process that's the end of tech changes.

Game 90 is full :ranting:

Once a game has reached tech period 3 the nations are set and the only way to get into that game is via a position transfer or by being nominated to take over for a Total Ally that has dropped for some reason.

We are accepting registrations for Game 91 however so if you are interested in getting into the new one let me know and I'll get you on the list. There has been some discussion about a special game as well and I'll be posting notes about that as and if it develops into something that will start. In the meantime, registrations for the next regular game can definitely be submitted whenever you are ready.

The Victory! II development project is continuing but we've opted for a more complete redesign - adding new features & ideas (improved retreating, new missions, units, etc.) and reviewing every aspect of the game for change/improvement rather than just keeping change to a minimum and recoding the game to work on modern hardware. Our goal is a Victory! II that is better than the original and hopefully lasts just as long :ranting: We've made some substantive progress but this is a complex game and there is a lot of detailed design & code work involved (and remaining) so it'll be some time yet.

In the meantime, we'll continue to set up games of original Victory! (still a good game despite it's age). When we are far enough along to see the light at the end of the tunnel (i.e. when we have a fairly solid estimate of when the first Victory! II game can start) then we'll hold up new starts and prepare for the Victory! II rollout.

Take care and good gaming!

Russ

Edited by RTGRuss
Nation availability change...