Rolling Thunder Forums

Fuel, as in Improved

Octus Imperium

So now that we have researched Improved Fuel, how do we make it? Our various Installations can make all sorts of FUEL (costing from 2 Gas elements to 1 Improved Petro), but no installations so far say they can make the Improved version of Fuel.

Of course, haven't found a need for Improved Fuel yet either....

Perhaps a new installation will pop up when we research something that needs this Improved Fuel? Or have we completely missed something?!?

Octus Imperium

:angry2:

Improved and Advanced fuel are created by (so far with the techs I know of) only Industrial Complexes. Take Gaseous, build Improved or Fuel.

Seems strange. But, the only use I've seen so far for these items is in Transwarp drives. Fuel by itself seems to be the base item used for all other needed constructions or movement. For example, advanced jump drives like the MK I Fusion Jump drive require Improved materials to build. But, they still use plain old fuel when going through warps. Or the MK II Heavy Torpedo. The upgrade from the MK I uses improved materials for building. But the fuel used is still just Fuel.

I asked RTG Pete if this was an error and he said no.

So Fuel is Fuel for almost anything. Improved and Advanced Fuels are used for special builds, and so you only build them when needed.

(Message corrected per Ur Lord Tedric pointing out a big error .. Gaseous Elements get used in Building Fuel. Petroelum is used bu Fuel Distillation or Purification complexes to refine into Fuel .. I got the two backwards while typing).

Improved and Advanced fuel are created by (so far with the techs I know of) only Industrial Complexes. Take Petrochemicals, build Improved or Advanced Petroleum, and them build Improved or Advanced Fuel.

Careful Ken, me old mate! :unsure:

It's Gaseous Elements that are refined into Fuel, not Petrochemicals via Petroleum.

Just mine or make the GasE's and then BI them into whichever flavour of Fuel you want. :angry2:

BTW - have no idea what Improved Fuel may be for......... :ph34r:

Chief Planner to Ur-Lord Tedric