Rolling Thunder Forums

Newbie Movement Questions

CB13

Hmm...two questions.

Say I build units in a city and wish to attack the adjacent province. Do I need to pay SMR points to move out of the city into the same province and then pay SMR points to move into the adjacent province as well?

Another question on movement. Say I have a SMR 2 unit trying to move into a mountain province (3 SMR required). Will the unit get into the province after 2 turns or will it never be able to move into it on it's own?

Hello CB13,

Movement from a city to the province never costs SMR. This is also true for airplanes.

A division can always move to or attack an adjacent province, as long as it has sufficienct fuel to go to the province. This only costs 1 turn, not 2.

You SMR2 unit has to have 3 smr worth of fuel to enter a mountain province.

Norbert

Hmm...somewhat related question.

Say I have a force attacking From Province A to Province B. Another force attacks me from Province B to Province A. What happens?

Do the forces bypass each other and each attack the province? Do they fight?

Hello CB13,

The orders of the different countries are run in a random sequence on the day they can be processed.

It will never be possible for to warring armies to pass each other. Either the first attacks in province B, or the other in province A. It just depends on the sequence of play for that turn.

If you order your army to attack fram province A to province B, there is a chance that the other nation attacked first and you are pushed back to the city of A. In this case your attack mission will be a HA on province A.

Hope this helps.

Norbert

nfbreese,

Correction, if your army is forced into the city and your orders are to attack into province B. The attack will be into province A, as you stated. But the type of attack still would be what type you selected. If DA then it will be a DA. The same for Pin or other types of attacks.

The only time anything changes from what you have is if you are attacked in a city after being forced into it. if you had mob, it will become HD.

DezertCamel :o