Rolling Thunder Forums

Dread Pirate Sir Roberts

MadMartinB

We have been absent for a few days and a Galactic Senate has arisen. Comments from the Eyre:

1) We are at war with everyone. No act by any of our ships should be construed as piracy but actually as a desire to conquer your space.

2) The setting Zulu is considered our most peaceful setting. There are letters beyond Z which you should shudder in fear about.

3) We do not know who plays the Colony. It seems that it is run by a player by the Name of Martin Burlingame. Our alias of MadMartin B cannot be construed as having any association with this kind hearted Martin Burlingame.

4) The Eyre are peaceful. We are a scientific democracy not a piracy nation. We recently decided to change our government when we realized we had 18 Naval Officers.

5) All actions versus the Mindsphere empire were requested by him. The conquest of his home world was a humble request on his part to test the combat system.

Lord Great Jack Crow, please conquer me to test the combat system!

Long live the senate! Long live peace! Long live the GSL! Long live Lords Valwym, Walvyn, Valwyn and Lady Valwym. We are for peace....

"Well, Roberts had grown so rich, he wanted to retire. So he took MadMartinB to his cabin and told him his secret. "I am not the Dread Pirate Roberts," he said. "My name is Ryan. I inherited this ship from the previous Dread Pirate Roberts, just as you will inherit it from me. The man I inherited it from was not the real Dread Pirate Roberts, either. His name was Cummerbund. The real Roberts has been retired fifteen years and living like a king in Patagonia."

You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous...is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well known is this...never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!...Hahaha haha ha...ahahahahah ahahaha - thump

:P

»?¥´$adMartinB,Jun 18 2004, 10:44 AM] You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous...is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well known is this...never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!...Hahaha haha ha...ahahahahah ahahaha - thump

:blink:

Hey, did you know that the Wizard is really just some old Yank behind a velvet curtin with a megaphone and some dry ice...It all makes you want loose faith in political institutions.

»?¥´$adMartinB,Jun 18 2004, 10:44 AM] You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous...is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well known is this...never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!...Hahaha haha ha...ahahahahah ahahaha - thump

Hey, did you know that the Wizard is really just some old Yank behind a velvet curtin with a megaphone and some dry ice...It all makes you want loose faith in political institutions.

OOC:

Non sequitor or Jedi Mind trick? Besides, you should be made to drink hemlock for casting doubt on the existence of the Wizard. I am sure the Galactic Senators have some black stones they can drop into a bucket.

Jaba wants his money!!!

WOW. That Martin guy is SO nice. I can't say enough good things about him. Here I was feeling all threatened by the evil all around my sector of Space. And along comes Martin. He said "There, there little Apshai, don't you worry. I've got just the ticket to protect you". At which point, he produced the Mk I Towel.

Now, we weren't hatched yesterday. My thought was a towel? How can a towel turn back the henious forces of the Bashkar Empire? Martin explained it all. "This is not merely a towel. It's a Towel! The Mk I Towel involves the latest in pyscho-transmotic transmitters. The fine and gentle fibers of the terry cloth looking Towel hide the trillions of nano size transmitters which influence the minds of other. When fully activated and the towel is wrapped around your head or ship, the transmitters will adjust the perception of any nearby beings not of your race so that they act in a mind-bogglingly stupid fashion. They start to think that if you can't see them by wrapping a towel around yourself, then, they can't see you! The perfect defense weapon!".

Mind you I was still skeptical. But, Martin convinced President Ka-thon-ik to wrap a towel his head, and lo and behold, Martin and his crew lost all track of the President, wandering around the conference room looking for him. It's true, I witnessed the WHOLE thing.

SO, thanks to Martin, all ships will be wrapped in Mk I Towels (in a variety of pastal colors and floral arrangements suited to any captains taste). Boy are the Bashkar going to be surprised! Thanks Martin!