Rolling Thunder Forums

One way WP's

Prospective

How do one way WP's work? Obviously they only go one direction, but my questions are:

1) Does the start point initially show up on a SS looking like a normal WP, indistinguishable from a normal 2 way WP?

2) When you exit on the far side, where do you end up? At another WP? In orbit around a planet? That seems to be your only options when doing normal travel, but perhaps a special location is created for just that turn?

3) How common are they?

4) Can a WP that has already been surveyed (in both directions) occasionally put you at an unexpected spot?

One way warp points can be of any class, although I personally have not seen them as Class A or B. Everything else, though yes.

The best way to think of warp points is that every warp point is a one way warp point. Plot them on your map as such.

The only difference is that most warp points, have two different one way warp points that coincidentally happen to start and stop at the same place. Very convenient.

That being said, you don't know there isn't a return path until you survey the warp point you land at. And that answers another question... all wormholes (warps) begin and end at a warp point.

One ways are fairly common, but rare. :) In other words, you ARE going to run into them, but most are two way.

If a known warp point puts you at a strange location, report it to Pete and he will fix it.

I hadn't thought of EVERY WP as being one way but it makes sense. Especially since each WP as a unique ID# associated to it.

So, in the case of what I've previously considered to be a "one way" WP, all that happens is that the WP's discovered in the destination system (if there are any) don't lead back to the original system.... interesting.

Does that mean that if start in the Alderran system, SURV and WARP through WP 123 and discover that it leads to the Tatooine system, then WP 123 will ALWAYS connect Alderran to Tatooine? And then hopefully, one of the WP's in Tatooine will take me back to Alderran and if it does, then it ALWAYS will?

Thanks.

1) Does the start point initially show up on a SS looking like a normal WP, indistinguishable from a normal 2 way WP?

Yes. On a SURV too.

2) When you exit on the far side, where do you end up? At another WP? In orbit around a planet? That seems to be your only options when doing normal travel, but perhaps a special location is created for just that turn?

At a WP.

3) How common are they?

I have found one so far out of 18 that I have confirmed are or are not two way and 54 total warps surveyed. (I have been averaging a little more than two surveys per turn.

Octagon has a good way of thinking about WPs. Like you I thought of one way WPs as unique.

Sigh, I got one this turn. Just happens that it was my largest Expl fleet :thumbsup: and I am hoping it will path out later to home(ish)

Atleast the WP out was a B (not that SURV is a problem below a E) but it will be less Fuel to travel though and longer to have to worry about Skimming

<_<

Sigh, I got one this turn. Just happens that it was my largest Expl fleet poster_oops.gif and I am hoping it will path out later to home(ish)

Well good luck. I fouind one this turn but I have the path back. I have been sending my old pathfinders through first to try to avoid losing my major explorers. I don't klnow if that will work though.