Rolling Thunder Forums

Two Orders I'd Like to See

octagon999

T Khan,

Sorry about my lack of funny lately, I'm researching Advanced Witticism (Humor Rating: Damn Funny) to try to invigorate the old comedy neurons in my overworked, underpaid brain. :D

Fortunately, my Exploration vessels have found some Advanced Witticism technology in the remains of an Imperial Zoo [blue Parrot] Exhibit. So I'm hoping for a breakthrough in a couple months. :lol:

My opportunity to really flame someone was pre-empted by Russ' removal of a particularly venomous thread. :angry:

Hmmm ... maybe I needed to add more smilies to my DRT mail. It might have been taken too seriously by some as opposed to the gentle ribbing to the secretive nature of the game as intended. Oh well....

Still, my post had something behind it. Overall, I not interested in new orders in the game. I would like to see more general information about the game and mechanics so I can better understand what the heck I'm doing and planning for.

For example, many folks did not understand till turn 6 or so that when you place multiple research centers on a topic, you get less research value than the two combined. A diminising returns situation. Sure, it is listed in the rulebook that way. But it's merely a sentence among a whole long paragraph on research and lots of folks overlooked that. It would have been nice to have this very clearly stated and known at game start. Of course along with this I would also like to know the formula for the diminishing return (which may be wishful thinking as it appears to have been been classified a state secret).

It is stuff like this that I want to know or have clarified. Sequence order of combat, pros and cons of ship formations, potential uses for characters ... and lots more. Maybe something like going through the threads on the board (old and new), and putting together a guide for the most common topics .. one to answer questions without giving away things RTG believes should stay secret.