Rolling Thunder Forums

Tonnage for Medium X-Ray Lasers... help!

Assistance!

I found some Medium X-Ray Lasers and would like to use them on a ship, but I need to figure AP and ANZ doesn't give the tonnage of the unit?

If any of the galactic record keepers have this information, please send me the information?  I'll trade primative artworks for it?  :woohoo:

-Sha'thar

You might also want to drop an email to Pete to let him know that this information is missing.

Medium X-Ray Laser (Weapon Classification)

Pre-requisite Technology: Light X-Ray Laser

Coherent Beam Strength: Good [16,000]

Structural Integrity: 2,000

X-Ray Lasers are directed-energy weapons that emit x-rays instead of conventional beams of coherent light. The Medium X-Ray Laser is a self-contained 2000-ton unit that includes not only the weapon mount itself but all support equipment for the system and all standard facilities for the weapon crew. X-Rays are quite effective at penetrating defenses and slicing apart vital interior systems. (2,000 tons) 2,000 Gemstones - 2,000 Gaseous Elements - 2,000 Improved Refined Crystals - 2,000 Improved Steel - 2,000Improved Electronics

The tonnage of the item is separate from the tonnage of the components necessary to make the item, although in the case of some items you can surmise its tonnage from the amount of materials needed. Go figure LOL

The tonnage of the item is separate from the tonnage of the components necessary to make the item, although in the case of some items you can surmise its tonnage from the amount of materials needed.  Go figure LOL

Usually the ratio is 5:1 for ship components like weapons, sensors, defensive systems and the like. For example, Jump Survey Sensors (at least up to Mk IIIs) are all 5000 ton items but require 25,000 tons of material to build. This puts them between making basic materials, like Iron, from Raw Resources (10:1) and making advanced materials from basic materials, like Refined Crystals from Crystals (3:1).

-SK :beer: