Rolling Thunder Forums

Characters

Hughestrog

Along about 3 years ago this was asked of the Oracle and the answer was that characters will only appear on your HW. At the time, it was proposed that captured HW's would also be a good place to find characters. This suggestion was well received and put on the list of useful things to do in the future when more pressing concerns have been hammered out.

I still think it is a good idea and would recommend it again.

:):huh::D

Along about 3 years ago this was asked of the Oracle and the answer was that characters will only appear on your HW.  At the time, it was proposed that captured HW's would also be a good place to find characters.  This suggestion was well received and put on the list of useful things to do in the future when more pressing concerns have been hammered out.

I still think it is a good idea and would recommend it again.

:)  :huh:  :D

I echo the sentiment. If you go through all the trouble of conquering a HW, you should at least get a 25% chance to keep every character at a minimum. I think this would accurately depict the fact that some characters would die fighting for their HW, others would go off into exile, some would stay and hide (perhaps fomenting revolution), and others would stay and adapt under the new government (this is the 25% you would gain for your empire).

• 4 months later...
I was going through The Rules and came across a line (in the Life Form Design Section), in the long life cycle blurb, saying that a long life cycle choice lengthens the life of a character- has anyone had a character die of natural causes, or is this not yet implemented?

Hasn't happened to us yet.

Octus

I was going through The Rules and came across a line (in the Life Form Design Section), in the long life cycle blurb, saying that a long life cycle choice lengthens the life of a character- has anyone had a character die of natural causes, or is this not yet implemented?

I have not had it happen either. Of course, I chose Long Life so tnine may still be young. In fact maybe everyone chose Long Life so noone has had a character die yet. :angry2:

This question came up soon after SNROTE started, and the official answer was that no characters will ever die of old age. Characters can only die a violent death. :angry2: